AbbeyRoad drum kits: How do I make closed HiHat choke open HiHat?

Options
Nils
Nils Member Posts: 12 Member
Hi,

I bought Maschine Studio Hardware quite a while ago but I'm still unexperienced with it and so far, the two of us didn't get along very well.

Now, I needed a quick and easy drum track for a demo song and I used Maschine for that. Not only to get the job done quickly, but also to get to know Maschine a bit better. There's a very basic thing that I've taken for granted but wasn't able to set up.

When I load any drum kit (I am using one of the AbbeyRoad collection now), the open hihat doesn't get choked on the closed hihat. How would I make that happen?

Best Answer

• ArtBerkeley
    ArtBerkeley Member Posts: 42 Member
    edited February 15 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi, it looks like you can set up choke groups and link groups to cut off a sound when another plays.

In this tutorial video at around 3:00 mins, it shows the setup for choking an open hihat.

Answers

• ArtBerkeley
    ArtBerkeley Member Posts: 42 Member
    edited February 15 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi, it looks like you can set up choke groups and link groups to cut off a sound when another plays.

In this tutorial video at around 3:00 mins, it shows the setup for choking an open hihat.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited February 15
    Options

Are you using the Abbey Road full Kontakt instruments or the Maschine Groups kits named "Abbey Road bla, bla" ?

• Nils
    Options
    @ArtBerkeley, I was getting an idea of the concept from the tutorial video. I found the choke groups in Maschine Studio then. There it's called "sending"/"receiving" instead of "master"/"slave".

@D-One, I think am using the Maschine Groups kits. Next time I will try to load an instrument with Maschine Studio and see if it's different.
  • Nils
    Options
    Thank you both for your help