Komplete 14 due out... this summer...?

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

You can have up to 64GB RAM, two M2 NVMe discs, and two SATA III 2.5" discs. And three displays. If one does not want to spend on Noctua, it is better (and possible) to use stock AMD cooler, than cooler that comes with ASRock barebone. But one needs to remove top ring of AMD cooler to fit it in enclosure....

Mars might be good companion for Maschine MK3 to create poorman's Maschine+.... One could set Windows to launch Maschine 2 at startup, so no need for screen/keyboard....

• F1308
    F1308 Member Posts: 81 Helper

Thank you.

I will appreciate a link to reach it, since I saw there are lots of hardware threats but most dealing with MPC and the likes, not laptops or tower computers.

• RedwardMc
    RedwardMc Member Posts: 84 Advisor
  • Kubrak

@F1308

I will appreciate a link to reach it, since I saw there are lots of hardware threats but most dealing with MPC and the likes, not laptops or tower computers.

Well, there is not real thread about Win laptops/desktops, AFAIK. Sometimes folks ask about their planned setup, but generally nothing where people would share their setups...

Maybe, good idea to move from this thread and start new one. Or moderator could move our posts to a new one...

• F1308
    F1308 Member Posts: 81 Helper

Thank you.

I am really wondering where I should click on to open that new thread...

🤪🤪🤪🤪

• chillosapien
    chillosapien Member Posts: 5 Member

LOL. By then it will be time to renew my sub to Komplete Forever

• andalassamXX
    andalassamXX Member Posts: 53 Helper

I hope action strings 2 will be added to komplete14 ultimate.

• Ikatxu
    Ikatxu Member Posts: 22 Member

This is total speculation just for the fun of it, and not sure I would bet any money on it, but here goes anyway.

After the release of K13 only Kontakt instruments and expansions have been released, and there really doesn't seem to be any kind of a new flagship product to drive K13 users to update to K14 out yet. Since the previous versions of Komplete have usually included a new synth (K13 Super8, K12 Massive X, K11 Forms), it isn't too much of a stretch to expect that K14 will be introduced together with a new NI synth.

We are getting close to the expected release of K14 and plugin boutique is selling FM8 for around 10 euro. Of course they are an external reseller, so this could be a complete coincidence, especially since NI isn't offering the same deal directly. Then again just maybe it's not a coincidence, but sign that K14 will include FM9?

Too far fetched? Probably. I'm fairly confident that there will be a new synth anyway, and interested to see what it is.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,286 Guru

For me, the Kontakt Instruments released after K13 are enough to motivate an upgrade to K14.

But a new synth would be fun too.

However, the business structure of NI has changed so much since there release of K13, there might be a whole new concept of what K14 might be.

It may NOT include a new synth from NI, but instead include "flagship" content from iZotope and Brainworx.

Hmmm....

• Ikatxu
    Ikatxu Member Posts: 22 Member
    edited August 2022

I suppose it is possible, but I have a few reasons why I think there needs to be a new synth.

1. Izotope products are generally more expensive than NI. Full featured versions of Ozone or Neutron would likely be available on higher priced bundles only, and the essentials versions are not enough to function as the flagship addition for Komplete standard.
    2. The flagship addition needs to be a NI product. While NI is now a subsidiary of Soundwide, Native Instruments, Izotope and Brainworx are still separate brands with different focusses. At the end of the day no matter how brilliant Ozone is, people still come to NI for NI products. Any content added from other Soundwide branches would be a secondary addition.
    3. NI has not released a synth in 3 years (Just in case somebody is about to point out Lores or Playbox, despite how NI categorises them, they are sample libraries, not synths). Presumably Massive X has not performed as well as originally hoped. It failed to dethrone Serum as the industry standard, or even to become the #1 competitor. Super8 is a cool vintage style synth, but has not really seen anything close the popularity of Arturia V Collection or U-He Diva. Meanwhile more and more attractive synths are coming out from competitors. Personally I've been a big NI fan since the original Massive was the hip new thing, but nowadays I hardly find any NI synths ending up in my productions (A lot of Kontakt though). NI simply needs to keep releasing synths if they want to keep up with the competition. Unless of course the new strategy is to focus exclusively on Kontakt and Maschine. In fact if there isn't a new synth, I'd find it to be pointing alarmingly much to that direction.

Since it is unlikely that a new flagship wavetable synth is coming out any time soon, a successor for FM8 would be a logical move. FM8 is still considered one of the best FM soft synths, but at 15 years of age it's well overdue for a refresh.

As to whether the Kontakt libraries are enough to motivate to update... I would probably update, but only when the 2023 summer sale rolls out. There is some cool stuff there, but nothing I'm particuarly excited about. An interesting new synth could get me to update straight away.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,286 Guru

The world has enough synths based on existing approaches.

Only synth I'd be interested in would need to be something totally original in every way possible.

Approaching science fiction in the very fabric of it's architecture and control.

• Kubrak

I guess FM9 might come. Because.... AS. FM8 might stay x86, while FM9 AS native....

Generally, I guess there will be at least one product, maybe two. to get major version change. FM9 might be one of them.

This discussion has been closed.