Maschine VST3 not recalling window size

Options

Comments

• moai
    moai Member Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Hello, yes I still have the issue on Windows 11 systems.

I can reproduce it in FL Studio and in Studio One, the window size is always set to small automatically when reopening Maschine 2. Before it was always setting it to large, I don't really know why it's now always small instead.

I send you the system details I was testing it on, I am using the Maschine 2 VST3 plugin.

Laptop:

• CPU: i7 1260P
    • GPU: Intel Iris Xe Graphics, no graphics-related software installed
    • Screen: Laptop's screen 1920x1200px
    • RAM: 16GB
    • Main drive: 500GB SAMSUNG PM9A1 M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4
    • KK installed with NI Access 2, sample libraries installed to an external drive (Letter D:)
    • External devices: Bluetooth mouse and keyboard (without USB plug), SanDisk Pendrive (Letter D:), Headphones connected via USB.
    • Tested on: Studio One 6.1, latest FL Studio trial version

Desktop:

• CPU: Ryzen 5900X
    • GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 KO Ultra, GeForce Experience and MSI Afterburner installed
    • Screen: DisplayPort screen 2560x1440px
    • RAM: 4x8GB
    • Main drive: 1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4
    • KK installed with NI Access 2, sample libraries installed to an internal drive (Letter D:)
    • External devices: Bluetooth mouse (without USB plug), USB hub with: Audient id4, Komplete Kontrol A61, wired keyboard
    • Tested on: Studio One 6.1, latest FL Studio trial version

• Quinn3k3
    Quinn3k3 Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    edited November 2023
    Options

I am still having this issue on Windows 11 - Cubase 12 & 13 with v2.17.4 VST3. Every time you close the plugin editor and reopen it, the size reverts to small.

• lowpaz
    lowpaz Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Same here in the latest version of Studio One.

Windows 11 Pro, Asus ProArt B550-CREATOR, AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon RX 6600, Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core.

• Kai_NI
    Kai_NI Product Team Posts: 42 mod
    Options

Hey all,

we'll have another look at this issue.

A pratical question to determine the best way of implementation:

Out of the following two solutions, which one would you find more ideal and / or acceptable:

(1) The size setting persists after closing the plugin. When running multiple instances of Maschine in a project, upon setting one instance to i.e. "large", all instances will recall the same size setting and remember the "global" setting accordingly.

(2) The size setting persists after closing the plugin. When running multiple instances of Maschine in a project, each instance can be adjusted in size individually and remembers its own setting accordingly.

As you can see, in both cases the set size should be remembered. Main question for implementation is now whether it is required to be able to set this on a "per plug-in" level (when running Maschine multiple times in one project) or whether the chosen size should affect all instances.

Best,

Kai

• chrisxx
    chrisxx Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Hi Kai,

I think it is better to be able to set the size on a "per plug-in" level.

• Kai_NI
    Options

Thanks for your feedback! Would you mind sharing some more details on this topic?

I am curious to learn:

• How many instances of Maschine do you normally use in parallel in a project? Maybe an example of the last project you worked on...
    • Why or when do you choose to have multiple instances as opposed to just one? What do you use them for usually?
    • What would be the exact benefit for your use case of having different sizes? Or what would be an example where you, say wanted to have one large and medium sized plugin window?

Best,

Kai

• chrisxx
    chrisxx Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Okay,

Most of the time I only use one instance of Machine, but that's because I've been using Machine for about 10 years and know the software inside and out. After a few years, I got used to the plugin's default small window size, but didn't learn to love it. Because every time I reopen a project session, I no longer know what window size I last worked with. For me, adjusting the size is a question of space on the screen, but also one of efficient focusing. Projects are different and so is work efficiency - changing window sizes takes time.

I use more than one instance depending on the project that I have pre-produced in the standalone version. This doesn't always have to be the case, but when producing and mixing it sometimes makes sense to implement more complex plugin settings and automations using multiple instances in a DAW project for reasons of work efficiency.

If you would like to know more, feel free to ask! Otherwise: Thank you for asking, in the hope that the machine will continue to be developed further for a long time!

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

Oddly it all works fine for me on Live v11.3.11, Ventura v13.6.1, MAS v2.17.4 - Seems like it's either only an issue on Windows or S1 and FL.

I like the current way, per plugin instance.

The reasoning is simple, on one instance I might need more stuff visible and on another not really, especially useful if I want both instances/windows visible at the same time.

Multiple instances usage for me is extremely rare but might happen when:

• When 16 MIDI Channels / Audio is not enough.
    • I am too lazy to set up all the MIDI Routing as doing it the right way is time-consuming and breaks away from the creative mindspace.

As this is rare for me I am not even sure if my opinion counts much tbh.

• Kai_NI
    Options

Thank you both @chrisxx and @D-One!

We have lined this up for investigation and will be looking into this. It does indeed seem to be a Windows specific bug from what we can tell so far.

• Quinn3k3
    Quinn3k3 Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

Hi Kai,

For me personally, I usually only have one instance but, even if I were to ever need two instances running, I would probably always want both instances to be the same size. With that being said, either solution would be fine with me. I would prefer to set the initial state to always load as large but ultimately, I just want it to retain the settings and not continually revert to small.

Thanks in advance for working towards a resolution to this issue.

• R1PPA-C
    R1PPA-C Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Just to add my two cents, also having the same issue.

Windows 11, cubase pro 13, window size resets to small as soon as i close the vst and reopen, it's driving me potty.

I usually have quite a few instances of maschine open, I'd prefer it if there was a universal size control that's baked into the settings. I don't see a need for having different instances all with varying sizes.

• Kai_NI
    Options

Hey all,

just to give a signal here - we are currently checking in on this, hoping to find the cause and resolution.

I will give another update in a couple of days on whether this should be expected to be resolved in the upcoming update or how things are turning out otherwise.

Best,

Kai

• Bene
    Bene Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hi Kai,

I'm having the same issue. Windows 10, Studio One Professional 6.6.

After closing the vst or switching to another vst at reopening or switching back to maschine the window size is set to small - quite annoying.

Hope you can come up with a fix soon.

Thanks & best regards,

Bene