Maschine HW changes Scale?

Options
The P.O.T.Y
The P.O.T.Y Member Posts: 41 Member

Don't know why I didnt ask over the years in the Community. For years on the MK HW if I set Root Note/Scale Type go into Chord Set, lay pattern then switch back to Keyboard mode. I get W-H Dim as TYPE for my scale. Not the SCALE that was set prior to going into Chord Set. The Maschine SW/HW and KK S-series manuals do give detailed info, on "Chord Sets" but no explanation for Scale Type change to WH-Dim. Biggest concern is that this happens when it wants, mid session and/or after save and re-open. Also if I do or do not choose Maj or Min after choosing Chord Set, this will happen.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited January 23
    Options

I never had this happen. Are you using both a Maschine controller and an S-Series keyboard for the Scales/Chords features?

• The P.O.T.Y
    Options

Yes in work flow, but not for features. KK not even powered on. This only happens on Maschine HW every blue moon. First happened on MK1 but still til today will happen on MK3. I saved session yesterday opened it today...hit Keyboard (on MK3) W-H Dim "Type". I can honestly say I never made a track in W-H Dim. And my 808 Group is set also..not W-H Dim but what I had to set before playing.

My fix/ proof I'm not crazy overtime to myself until now is, that if I have Group I played a pattern then another Group ( ex 808) . I would have to set that 808 Group Key/Scale to match. Because Maschine Groups Scale/Type can be different and when clicking + SW (on my computer) the previous Group selected Scale/Type is used in added Group. *Meaning if a group with wrong/different Scale is selected and deleted, if you do not "correct" Scale on new group. You will re-adding the deleted group with incorrect scale over and over. So my template is saved with groups at chromatic C, and set to key when used. Thanks D-One for your time.

• The P.O.T.Y
    edited February 12
    Options

I just started a session and saved bout 2 days ago. Opened it, hit Keyboard and now Im in H-W Dim. Im not making these things up. Session created from New (blank), 1 Group, 1 plugin.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 430 Pro
    Options

I have the same problem.

• The P.O.T.Y
    Options

Cool, but not cool. I had this problem since Mikro (white) 1.8 Maschine. Finally someone speaks up. This issue is what lead me to HW and SW smart play thoughts. Because if I had my S series Kontrol powered on w smart play playback sound will be in scale, but all notes in piano roll of Maschine may/can be out of scale.

• Andy Wt
    Andy Wt Member Posts: 85 Helper
    Options

Moreover, i also have issue with M+ dont always remember group transposition setting. Looks like many parts of its code are buggy...

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 430 Pro
    Options

I didn't always have that problem. As it only occurs when switching between keyboard and chord mode, maybe this bug was introduced when the chord mode got a few more options for inversions. I don't know.

• The P.O.T.Y
    Options

This has been happening since before tab 2/2 inversions or "Smart Play". It's been happening since MK1 and MK2 Maschines. We yrs+ in on MK3 and MK3+ going on 2yrs I believe.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

Does anyone with this issue have steps to reproduce? Even if it doesn't happen 100% of the time and takes a few tries ?