Made a tool to record Mutes and FX chain switches on Maschine (+)

Options
anzbert
anzbert Member Posts: 40 Helper
edited January 18 in Maschine

I made a Reaktor ensemble that can be used on Maschine desktop and standalone to record mutes via midi notes.

As a bonus it can also record switches to different FX chains for glitchy fun!

It kind of works as a band-aid for not being able to record mutes and lock states currently in Maschine.

Here is the Link:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/14799/

Enjoy!! Hope it's useful for the community :)

Comments

• anzbert
    Options

This is a continuation of a discussion started on this thread: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/comment/126470

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    Options

Thank you for sharing.

If you don’t mind, I’ll add the link to Blezz video, which is the way I discovered your amazing ensemble months ago 😉

• anzbert
    Options

@ozon

The ability to glitch to different FX reminds me of tools like Effectrix or Devious Machines Infiltrator, or The Finger by NI.

Of course, on the desktop you could use those kinds of plugins, but It's really cool to be able to do these things without additional paid plugins and also standalone on M+.

• anzbert
    Options

@LostInFoundation I just wanted to add this link as well. Thx so much for that. I love @Blezz Beats channel! He is one of my fave music production YT creators. Especially for Maschine.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    Options

This will actually be great for fx mangling now that you mention it. I need to try this ASAP!

• tetsuneko
    edited January 18
    Options

Ok, just installed it and testing on Maschine+ standalone. A couple questions:

• The filesize of this Ensemble is over 1MB! I am assuming this is caused by the custom graphics file in the ens.. Any chance of optimizing that graphic file a bit to lower the filesize?
    • I am not seeing the controls for sending the sound to other channels in Maschine+ standalone? Am I missing something

Ahh okok, now it all makes sense. Watched that video and took a peep at the insides.. I never realized that Reaktor allows all 16 outputs to be used in Maschine+! This information will be very useful going forward. Great stuff!

Also, now that you have demonstrated that also Reaktor FX ensembles can accept MIDI data in Maschine+, I have some tinkering to do..

Thanks!

• anzbert
    Options

Sure I can look into the image size in the future.

You don't select the output destinations in the plugin, but you select one of the output buses of the plugin as a source in the destination tracks.

I hope that makes sense. Just follow the steps on the download page description carefully and it will all come together.

I think I will put together a group file to download as a setup example and template. Hopefully on the weekend if I have some time.

• tetsuneko
    Options

All made sense to me after opening your ens in Reaktor 👍

• anzbert
    Options

I made an example template project with one mute and 7 FX busses.

Get it from my github and pls read the instructions in the readme under 'Example Template'.

https://github.com/anzbert/Midi_Mute_and_Route

It's an example Project, because Maschine doesn't save audio and midi routing data with just Groups.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,357 Expert
    Options

I think the routing within Groups is saved but only optionally loaded:

From the Manual:

Loading Groups with Routing

When the file type Groups is selected, the +ROUTING button is available in the Control bar of the Browser. When the +ROUTING button is activated the audio and MIDI routings stored in the Group are also loaded (potentially overwriting previous routings in the selected Group). When the +ROUTING button is off, any audio and MIDI routings saved in the Group will not be loaded, thus preserving any existing routings in the active Group.

• anzbert
    Options

Ahh thx so much @ozon. I somehow completely missed that after years of using Maschine 🫣

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,357 Expert
    Options

@anzbert you’re welcome! I only remember this feature because I did a bug report about Link/Choke not being saved in Groups and was informed that loading of those settings is tied to +ROUTING as well.