Are drivers for komplete audio 1 outdated for windows 11?

Options
joseoh
joseoh Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

i'm using a komplete audio 1 on windows 11, I tried the two available drivers on NI site but neither of them works good outside my daw. For example whenever i'm using any other software the output in my headphones is super low and distorted.

is windows 11 the problem? what can be done about?

Tagged:

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,929 Guru
    Options

Hmm...it probably has to do with either the audio outputs inside the Windows system or with the audio engine inside the DAW (ASIO, WASAPI, MME...)

Experiment with different engines and outputs, maybe you will find the right one.

But if komplete audio 1 is the problem and not anything Windows or DAW related, I would recommend updating the driver inside Komplete audio.

Let me know if any of these helped.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,142 Guru
    edited December 2023
    Options

Generally, this type of product is designed to be used with a DAW (etc) to provide low latency performance via ASIO (in Windows). For normal everyday sound such as YouTube, Spotify etc you should be using your computer's onboard audio.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,791 mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

I am unclear as to what is exactly the problem ! The use of the ASIO drivers generally creates a problem where sound in other programs , like e.g. internet browser , do not work because they do not use the ASIO driver and they then do not work while the ASIO driver is in use. If the other programs that you describe is also using same ASIO driver then I am sorry but I do not know.

Sometimes though it is possible to route yourself out of some problems using the "VOICEMEETER BANANA Advanced Mixer" (it's free/Donationware) :  https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm , however that may take some insight ! Anyway , prior to installing the VOICEMEETER BANANA Advanced Mixer then please make sure to make a manually made Windows restore point to reverse from !

• daviddonald
    daviddonald Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

While the Komplete Audio 1 drivers are technically compatible with Windows 11, your experience with low and distorted audio outside your DAW suggests driver issues rather than Windows itself. Try reinstalling both drivers, ensuring you disconnect the interface first and follow the official Native Instruments instructions.

If that fails, consider troubleshooting by checking your Windows audio settings, testing different headphones, and exploring community forums for potential solutions specific to your configuration. Remember, recent driver updates from NI haven't addressed your issue, so seeking alternative solutions might be necessary.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,209 mod
    Options

Why would you use computer audio? If your speakers are plugged into the audio interface you won't hear anything!

-- Mike

• mykejb
    Options

@joseoh Do you have the knob on the front turned around to "Host" rather than "Input" ?

-- Mike

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro
    edited December 2023
    Options

Not running into resource sharing issues (audio driver) between various programs (say YouTube sharing with your DAW) is nearly impossible. Certainly there are workarounds with things like "Voicemeeter", ASIOforall, VB-Audio, etc. which may or may not work as you want and/or may be finicky in the least. I have tried them all at one time or another.

But I finally cable patched my windows audio from my PC audio out to an input on my Audio Interface. It keeps windows audio 100% isolated from my interface ASIO driver, NOTHING shared resource wise. Problems are now a thing of the past.

extra added BONUS...

If you want to record audio from you PC, it is as simple as setting up an audio track in your DAW.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,142 Guru
    Options

@mykejb Why? Because that's the method recommended by professionals.

For example, this quoted from Steinberg's web site:

Onboard sound cards: If your motherboard provides an onboard sound card, it should be configured to be the standard playback device in the Windows Sound Settings. This way, the Windows system sounds will be played back by the onboard device without affecting the audio signal of your audio interface or sound card.

• mykejb
    Options

Not a problem I've ever had - all the interfaces I've used (Steinberg, Apollo, Audient, NI, RME etc) have worked fine with Windows audio. As long as the Windows audio output rate matches the rate you set in the DAW it should all work fine

-- Mike

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@joseoh Do you still need help on this one?