Sampler improvements

Comments

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 102 Helper

Note and/or chord detection per chop. Run analysis and see the note above each chop.

Also the pitch curve super imposed as a red line. Tuning of pitch for each chop like Cubase Variaudio.

Ability to auto correct the chops to fit a scale or chord. Ie you have a mono melody loop that was played/sung in C major. You chop it and transpose/time stretch each chop so it fits in D minor or a selected chord, or from a chord track, one click...

Nobody does this... Be a leader NI.

• Shed Maa
    Shed Maa Member Posts: 80 Member

Stem seperation

• louismarcell
    louismarcell Member Posts: 7 Member

METERING: dbs and peak / rms meter read out , a tuner for pitch information or frequency.

NON-DESTRUCTIVE AUDIO EDITING: making changes to a wave file and having an undo clipboard for au/vst.

REALTIME LOOPING: recording loop with clipboard in dsp the ability to apply merge or layer reverse etc in realtime

GRANULAR: the ability to automate a single loop point or start and end loop points or freeze (grab)audio,using the wavetable mode.

RETROSPECTIVE RECORD: remembering some recorded functions automation or audio and recalling them.

TIMESTRECH: multiple algorithms for time-stretch inside the sampler PRE applying the destructive time stretch. time machine mode,beat machine pro,wavetable modes.

ZONES: snap or not . to zero crossing points while editing.

• stay_treu
    stay_treu Member Posts: 3 Member

Im not sure if this has been said already but I would suggest an addition to the audio sampler module.

• it would be dope if we could stretch the sample at various transient points along the grid, or within the pattern?
    • having the option to convert other audio files to wav on import would be a life saver!

Other than that I'm excited to see what you guys have in store for Maschine 3!

• Phatnik
    Phatnik Member Posts: 19 Member

I would love the "Warp On/Off"/"Warpmarkers"/"Quantize Audio" functions that Ableton simpler has. I love looping with MIDI and Audio and the Audio part is not fun in Maschine, because I cannot correct the played audio really.

I would also love that the Sample/Loop/Free/Sound menu somehow to be ready quicker/be saved as a standard, so I can loop as seamlessly as with Ableton.

The recorded audio should be able to be shortened by bars, so I can shorten it to e.g. 8bars, right now it goes by samples.

The Play Range / Selection Range should be knobs 1-4 and not 1 and 2 on different pages, that is confusion and slows me down.

One thing I often struggle with is that the Maschine starts Loop recording at weird parts and not on the 1 of the first bar, that drives me crazy.

If these were fixed and all Kontakt 7 instruments were available in Maschine + Standalone, I could use Maschine instead of Ableton for live looping.

• basehead617
    basehead617 Member Posts: 135 Advisor

Not sure what the best section for this request is but:

Randomization within the browser so that you can jump to a random sound (or item in general) in the current filter. This is great for unexpected inspiration - also randomizing an entire kit with sounds of the same general type (Kick etc)

• kbryarly
    kbryarly Member Posts: 39 Helper
    edited December 2023

Could we open a group in Audio mode? That is to say, all pads in Audio without having to individually select each pad and change it into an audio pad. We could then drop samples onto each pad and have it time-stretch and pitch-correct automatically so that any sample is corrected to work. The ADSR sample editor does a great job of this - and I have to load it into a sound and then drag and drop the corrected sample onto another. But, would be awesome if this was incorporated into Maschine.

• kbryarly
    kbryarly Member Posts: 39 Helper
    edited December 2023
    1. Would also be great if in the midi editing window the window would automatically zoom to the full length of whatever midi file is loaded. For example, I drop an 8-bar midi file onto a pad. The window should zoom to 8-bars automatically. We could then zoom in for an edit if we want, but it's a pain when we have to use the scrollers.
    2. Same for audio files that we drop in - always show the entire file when dropped in.
    3. Would also be great if we could lock 'follow' on so that it always scrolls to the current song position even when we edit a section. As it is, when we hear something that we want to change, we have to relocate to the clip because the editor stays on the last edited section or clip.
    4. Please give us a Clip-lock so that the clip will always stay where we want it. I work mostly in a longitudinal manner - clips were an awesome addition to my workflow, but, they are cumbersome to work with.
  • Phatnik

The Audio Stretching for Samples is very clunky with that Stretch menu. Somehow the Audio/Sample functions should be combined in a way that it works as intuetively as the Ableton Simpler with Warp on/off.

It would be very cool if the sampler recognises the pitch of a sample and with a push of a button maps it to the right key, so we don't have the tuning like in Waves CR8.

One step further would be to detect and name the scale and tempo of loops and the ultimate would be if all our samples (not only the NI ones) could be categorized with an intelligent finder that finds similar ones like in Waves Cosmos or the Ableton 12 browser.

(By the way, I would love the NI browser tagging to include genres. I know that sounds can be used for different genres, but e.g. if I am looking for a West coast synth preset, I have to google which expansions are in that direction and then check the presets for each expansion in Massive - that is far too complicated).

As many people use Maschine with Serato Sample and the Roland SP404 for effects and you have Traktor as well as Izotope in your company....If you could add that power into one system for sample modification/stem separation and the Traktor effects as perform effects, that would easily be the BEST system on the market with the highest quality (and the most fun Maschine workflow)! I deeply hope that your engineers can get the resources to pull that off!

• iNate
    iNate Member Posts: 218 Advisor

I think some of the asks go a bit beyond what can be delivered in a reasonable time frame, but are nonetheless helpful to break up.

Cosmos-like Sample Browser... That would be useful.

A Genre Filter would be super useful, and I have always been shocked this wasn't already in there. I'm pretty sure lots of MPC Stock/Expansion content has Genre Tags so that you can filter out a lot of stuff. It may miss some, but it usually leaves enough that it's never a problem (though that can depend on how much content you have installed).

Sampler Key Detection and Auto-Tuning is also a useful feature. Mimic Creative Sampler in Reason 12 does that, as well.

I also would like to see non-destructive Audio Editing, as well as a Freeze Function (the latter would be amazing for the Maschine+ users, as well, to free up CPU headroom).

• Phatnik

Oh, and we need a Tuner for the Sampler pls.

• joez2103
    joez2103 Member Posts: 3 Member

If I could use the granular samplers, and other loppers/samplers from Reaktor with Maschine + (and mk3 without needing the computer screen), that would give everyone a ton of new sampling options (not to mention all the high-quality audio FX as well).

• Phatnik

General Maschine workflow: Shortcuts for all Menu parts (like properties or resetting the ASIO) after the computer was off and more Shortcuts for the Piano roll and navigating (like TAB to jump between Browser, Song, Piano Roll). And please DON'T implement the either Browser OR Instrument View of the new KK and please bring the Browser AND Instrument View back to KK).

• GentlemanCorpse
    GentlemanCorpse Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi,

• Random Sample load for Sampler/Pad View

How? When you are in Samplerview, I see free space on the top buttons, just a button for Random Sample load, like "RNDSMP" whatever. And then maschine will load a random sample from the same folder the first sample was loaded. This sounds not really complicated.

Same for Pad Mode, to let maschine load new random samples for all pads, from the respective folder.

This would be a massive inspiration source and saving lots of time searching for fitting samples.

As I produce Percussive Techno this is instant Trackbuilder. lol

This discussion has been closed.