Sampler improvements

Comments

• Marc Lemar
    Marc Lemar Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited December 2023

🚨🚨🚨

1. 1. CAN WE HAVE SAMPLER AND AUDIO AKA LOOPER IN ONE DARN PROGRAM? Having these as two separate programs is a headache
    2. key detection to detect the key of a sample?
    3. Can we get STEM separation?? (Serato Sampler style)
    4. The ability to round robin, so, on one pad, I’d like to hit say a kick and have another two or three kicks up under it that round robin (rotate) to give a different texture to the kick or snare or sample you have there. look into Masada Cycle collection on the MPC platform for an example.
  • Rebelkleff
    Rebelkleff Member Posts: 11 Member

Some great suggestions here. Especially with regards to quick sampling

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,255 mod
    edited December 2023

@Oleksii

1. It would be great to be able to automate the start and end of a sample, i.e. the same sample had different start and end points.

The Sample start button can already be modulated and/or automated like all the other knobs, unless you mean something else by that statement.

You can also already do that in the Sampling>Edit menu.

• Rebelkleff
    Rebelkleff Member Posts: 11 Member

I think there are so many features from battery 4 that can be ported into maschines stock sampler plugin.

Here's 5 just to name a few

1. Note rolls/articulation (3 note strums etc)
    2. enhanced saturation/lofi controls
    3. multi slot modulation matrix and multiple lfos per sample
    4. humanization tools
    5. cycle playback trigger condtions (round robin etc)

• kbryarly
    kbryarly Member Posts: 39 Helper
    edited December 2023

I would love to be able to edit/nudge a sample via bars/beats in the sample editor. As it is, we can only see min/sec.

Would be nice to be able to insert a 'sync point' into a sample so that the sample could be dragged into a clip/timeline and it is automatically synced to whatever beat or bar.

The ability to select 'audio' mode for sounds without having to open sample files in the sampler and then switch to audio.

we need a way to trigger audio in clips the same way we can trigger samples in the sampler.

• sevdahbaby
    sevdahbaby Member Posts: 32 Member

Audio module needs a more CPU friendly timestretch algorithm. At the moment, audio module is practically unusable if you wish to use more than let’s say 10, 20 loops, depending on strength of your CPU. After a certain number of audio loops, glitches and CPU spikes start occuring.

• iNate
    iNate Member Posts: 218 Advisor

Kontakt's Time Stretching/Pitch Shifting algorithms.

• EdgePrayer
    EdgePrayer Member Posts: 1 Member

Missed opportunity: Drag and drop sounds to the Maschine+

With fully functioning WiFi in all maschine+, it would make a lot of sense to have a small gizmo to send and receive audio, loops etc. Think "Airdrop" but for the Maschine+. It can be a small stand-alone app or any other combo, but being able to simply send sounds when the hardware is in there is kind of a no-brainer. I would still by 99% of the expansions, this is for when you are in flow and just need a sample or two (even though I can see how it might be used quite alot).

• Flobo3000
    Flobo3000 Member Posts: 5 Member

I meant to have a start point within a loop. So for example I have a 4 Bar Loop, and then I would like to keep exactly that loop but have it start at Bar 2, only for that loop. You could call it an offset for the start point. Kind of like the start parameter in the sampler, but it should be more exact. Either by note values, or by moving a handle in the sampler window. Is it possible to do that now? Maybe I am missing an existing feature...

• lord of synth
    lord of synth Member Posts: 6 Member

slicing a sample to 16 pads isn't enough slices, please allow for 64 slices.

• cal
    cal Member Posts: 17 Helper

Start with simple stuff first. I’d say it’s imperative that real-time time stretch by combining the audio and sampler module is the way to go. Porting over some aspects from battery would be good but real-time stretch first. Let’s get the simple, main things out the way first.

• felipeazucares
    felipeazucares Member Posts: 36 Member

As a macOS Maschine user

I want to load and manage my own Kontakt instruments

So that I can make use of the investment I have already made in the NI Kontakt ecosystem

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 102 Helper

NI could license the ZPlane algo like most others and you get the best sounding formant shift.

This discussion has been closed.