Automation/modulation improvements

Comments

• bloodysnare
    bloodysnare Member Posts: 14 Helper

Master track automation would be fantastic.

• Burnside
    Burnside Member Posts: 11 Member

Step 1: get parity with what any other DAW has had for 15+ years on drawing automation / automation curves

Step 2: LFOs / curve shapers that can be mapped to any parameter (e.g. get parity with Ableton’s lfo tool)

Step 3: global modulation parameters that can be mapped to multiple parameters globally (eg Bitwig)

• harm_ellens
    harm_ellens Member Posts: 5 Member

Coloring snapshots / naming snapshots

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 433 Pro
    edited December 2023

@tommikvnze

Use the group bank or pad buttons as scene which you can activate or deactive. A scene let's you slide multiple parameters from state a to state b and back to state a.

You are describing the existing extended lock state view and its morphing feature, you know that?

• Rebelkleff
    Rebelkleff Member Posts: 11 Member

This would be huge. The Akai force has these features but its implementation could be way smoother within the maschine environment and truly elevate it.

also, the ability to have the choice to make automation momentary when turning a knob and then snack back to the previous value when released

• Rebelkleff
    Rebelkleff Member Posts: 11 Member

Some great ideas and I completely agree. I believe the chancing numerical values used to be visible in a previous update and was always baffled when it got removed. Definitely need that back

• VL-Charlotte280712
    VL-Charlotte280712 Member Posts: 7 Member

when I change the value of a parameter from the MK3, this value appears in % and make a live automation often...unintuitive !

• Daanz
    Daanz Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2023

Let automation be edited with Bézier curves

Multiple LFO's freely assignable to parameters like another LFO speed or parameters from other plugins

Trigger probability lock randomisation parameters, change etc, more or less like Elektron sequencers

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 275 Member

I miss simple, basic fade in and fade out using 2 dot's on modulation lane otherwise I really on Lock States and I Record my self performance so I end up with one file that I prepared, mixed and I end up with Mastering Stage .

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 424 Pro

I can't see the current so-called automation in Maschine as anything other than a sick joke, and it baffles the hell out of me why this hasn't been seen as a major priority of attention, given how it affects so may areas of usage. In this day and age, how can Maschine not have properly editable and usable automation, and why is it not available in the mixer?????

To me this should be / should have been, one of the major priorities.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,605 Expert
    edited December 2023

@tempsperdu asked

why is [automation] not available in the mixer?

Because Maschine does not have automation. It has modulation, which is explained in the manual. The biggest problem seems that 99% of the users confuse the two. Modulation is relative to the current settings of the Sound. It is meaningless without that base value (therefore not in a Mixer) but will instead allow to follow changes of the Sound's base value.

This discussion has been closed.