Bleass Arpeggiator

Options
Antonio B
Antonio B Member Posts: 73 Member

Does anyone know how to set up Bleass' Arpeggiator in Maschine? It only loads as in the first plug-in spot. Although it comes with an FM synth, its main purpose is to arpeggiate other instruments by sending midi info. The Maschine arp is sadly lacking even some basic functionality (no random?) and the Bleass Arp is amazing. Thanks

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,947 mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Same reason Scaler2 and such plugins don't fully work.

Maschine does not support MIDI Out from Plugs - So you can't send the altered MIDI from the Bleass Arp into another Pad with another Instrument, MAS will just send the original notes not the arpeggiated ones. MAS also does not support MIDI FX Plugins.

People have been asking for this since the age of dinosaurs. The only solutions are plugins that can behave as a host/DAW/wrapper inside Maschine, this way they intercept the MIDI and you're able to record/print the arps:

Bluecat, MiniHost or Element - Last 2 are both free I think, more details here:

• Antonio B
    Options

Oh 😕 bummer. Thanks for clearing this up. Elements looks promising. I'll give it a try. Thx

• Antonio B
    Options

So Elemnt worked very well. I'm pretty amazed at how well it seems optimized for Maschine. I have no idea how reliable it is yet but it seems pretty stable.

• Schmapps1
    Schmapps1 Member Posts: 135 Pro
    Options

Can you give a quick rundown of how to get started with Element in Maschine? I loaded it up in a sound, and loaded up an instrument in a sound but I can’t seem to see anything in Elemnt.

of course, I haven’t RTFM either haha

• Antonio B
    edited December 2023
    Options

For starters, it seems difficult at first but once you get it, it's practical and quick to set up and you can save a template for later - for ex. when you save a sound/project with Element, all the instruments and other plugins added to/within Element are saved... very efficient.

1. I too did not read the manual but basically, you will see a black screen in Element when you add an instance in the sound plug-in slot and open it up.

2. Use the file librarian in Element (left column) and browse for the instruments and other plug-ins you want to add.

3. Once that is done, you want to cntrl-click (to bring up the menu) in that black space to add modules of VSTs etc. More specifically, Audio Output, Maschine Plus (MK3, Keystep Pro, etc), Arpeggiator, and an instrument you want to arp...like Vital.

4. Check the images attached to see the routing.

That's pretty much it! As I've stated, it all saves with the project so it's all very optimized to work in Maschine :)

Good luck and let me know if you get stumped. It was trial and error for me but I was up and running in about 1/2 hour after I downloaded Element. And here's an image after everything is connected and working...(if you look closely, the granulizer is added in the second plug-in slot)

• Schmapps1
    Schmapps1 Member Posts: 135 Pro
    Options

Thank you so much! I appreciate the help

• Antonio B
    Options

Sure! I posted a short tutorial YouTube video on how to get up and running quickly with Element. Can't post links yet but this is the title of the video: "Setting up BLEASS Arpeggiator MIDI routing in Maschine" Additional info in the video description.

• Antonio B
    Options

Hmmm, I tried but I got the same message. I'll give it a try next time I want to post a link🙂 Thanks for posting the video 👍