What is the advantage of upgrading from my Machine Mikro MK3?

Options
Richard Adkins
Richard Adkins Member Posts: 25 Member

What is the advantage of upgrading from my Machine Mikro MK3 to a full size Maschine MK3? I use Ableton Live 11 (soon to be 12, hopefully) where I do all my compositions. I enjoy having the newest toys, but do not want to waste money if the upgrade won't give me some substantial advantage.

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,886 mod
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The list is so huge is really hard to know where to even begin, it's really a night and day difference.

I suggest you watch some youtube videos of people using an MK3 to get an idea.

Maybe skim through one:

Answers

• dmori
    dmori Member Posts: 66 Advisor
    Options

I don't use Ableton so I don't know how you want to use it. I use the Maschine software and had the Mikro for 2 years before getting the MK3. And for me it was a game changer. Many things I struggled with in Mikro are a non-issue with MK3. After owning both (still have mikro) - I can tell the mikro was designed to lack certain functionality so the natural path was to upgrade. So glad I got the MK3 - very fun and creative to use. It opens up the possibilities that were frustrating with the mikro.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,886 mod
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The list is so huge is really hard to know where to even begin, it's really a night and day difference.

I suggest you watch some youtube videos of people using an MK3 to get an idea.

Maybe skim through one: