Download failed error - no solution, no support

Options
bfinn19
bfinn19 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Attempted downloading Amati Viola, multiple download failures. Deleted the .iso and .iso.aria files as directed (why are these being downloaded on a Mac - they are Windows files??), but they get downloaded again & download fails.

NI sends me back to the general support page -- in other words, in an endless circle.

NI has Absolutely NO way to actually contact a human being to resolve this. This instrument is part of a not-inexpensive string instrument library. Definitely not amused that 1/4 of this package cannot be installed.

NOT amused...

Bob

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@bfinn19 I don't see any request from you regarding this issue in our system. For installation issues you need to go through this typeform: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

Answer no to every question until you are able to submit a request.

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,942 Guru
    Options

Hmm...

Check your internet connection first.

If this doesn't work, uninstall NA then install it again with NI site, but log in to the acc first.

If it also doesn't work, then make a custom folder for NI plugins (don't make it into your desktop, make it inside your memory drive, similar to My PC feature Windows has).

Then go to the File Management and change the location to that folder you just created.

• bfinn19
    Options

Hello Miles,

Deja Vu all over again. Followed your instructions to a tee: same result. Seems to be downloading fine but downloads Amati_Viola.iso and Amati_Viola.iso.aria2, and fails.

These are Windows disk images.

And yes I have an internet connection... seriously?? How else would I download it? Sheesh

Bob

• Milos
    Options

Maybe because these are for Windows, not sure i do not know, so take a grain of salt.

Message someone who has bigger experience with this then.

Have a nice day.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Milos Please avoid posting solutions if you are not sure, it can be a source of even more confusion.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

@bfinn19 I don't see any request from you regarding this issue in our system. For installation issues you need to go through this typeform: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

Answer no to every question until you are able to submit a request.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,977 mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

Jeremy_NI who is a MAC expert have told you to contact support so that is probably what you ought to do and I know only very little about MAC. Otherwise if someone with a lot of knowledge came by then you do not give very much or very specific information , no info on actual computer type or OS version , no info on if you are downloading using Native Access and no particular error info like e.g. a screenshot of error when it happens or to which drive location you try to download.

As for ISO files then here is some info on that part ! : How to Mount an ISO Disk Image on macOS : https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210296505-How-to-Mount-an-ISO-Disk-Image-on-macOS

• Milos
    Options

No problem, sir.

Again, I said 'grain of salt' cuz I am not really sure.

• rmillsdn
    rmillsdn Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

This is an issue with the ISO, I also can't install Amati Viola, everything else works, trying to open the ISO shows bad headers, I have deleted and downloaded 5 times now.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,977 mod
    Options

Please clarify in details !

OS used ? Did you download using Native Access ? , or did you download using the link on this page ? As an at least temporary fix then try the other way of what you were doing !

Otherwise , if you keep getting the exact same "ISO shows bad headers" problem then the download file might be defect. You could try downloading using a VPN connection if you got one ! (to switch server if more are available) .

If problem persists then contact Install support : You can get in touch with N.I. support here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install they can help with Native Access or provide an installer.

• bfinn19
    Options

Support is working on the problem. It is a problem withe the installer file, not the .iso. They have sent me a new .dmg with a new installer but still a problem with Mac privileges - probably the Mac's new virus security in Sonoma

• XeviaN
    XeviaN Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 3
    Options

Same here, but i solved now.

Windows 11, Native Access 3.8.0, a fresh installed laptop where i installed all the NI collectors instruments except for Amati Viola that brings an "Amati Viola: download failed" error after 3/4 minutes of download.

I Have 600GB of disk free and i have all installed in disk D:

Checked the firewall, the proxy, deleted del aria and iso files, tried different internet connections, changed "download location" and "application location". Nothings fixed.

Then i fixed this issue changing "Content Location" back to C: drive

Don't know why. Maybe this plugin needs to stay on C: drive. I reverted the setting dos D: drive again btw