ISSUE Maschine as plug-in in Logic Pro x (10.8)

Options
donmaddonald
donmaddonald Member Posts: 46 Member

After the latest update of Logic Pro x, when Maschine is used as a plug-in it doesn't work properly.

During the playback in Logic the sounds coming out from Maschine are cut, the drums sound like short clicks. Initially all works as usual, but after few playbacks this issue occurs.

Anyone noticed this issue? there is a fix?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kai_NI
    Kai_NI Product Team Posts: 44 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Understood. We found the issue and it will be fixed in the next update which is currently in Beta.

The exact release date is not 100% clear. We are targeting to have this released before the end of the year, but this always depends on how the testing progresses and therefore should be taken with a grain of salt.

Answers

• Vic Angelo
    Vic Angelo Member Posts: 108 Advisor
    Options

I get the same problem in Ableton when I use the ( AU version ) of the plug in. but when I use the VST or VST3 version its totally fine. So I've switched over to only using the VST versions.

Also looking for solution if it anyone has one

• donmaddonald
    Options

@Vic Angelo , my problem is that logic only uses Au, we should tag someone from NI team.

I go to check who i could tag in this conversation, if you know who to tag please do it!

• donmaddonald
    Options

Hi @Jeremy_NI do you know anything about this?

• Kai_NI
    Options

Thanks for bringing this up. I read from your comments that this happens in both Logic and Live when using the AU plugin - I assume on macOS in both cases because of AU.

What macOS versions specifically are you experiencing this on?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

@donmaddonald I can't reproduce the issue in Logic 10.8. Could you give more details on how this happens, any special setup in Logic with Maschine?

Something like this? Recording MIDI Notes in Logic Pro X from MASCHINE

I suspect this would be related to this issue, it sounds like the MIDI notes recorded are doubled: Official known issues with (and features of) Komplete Kontrol 3.0.3 and Logic Pro 10.8

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Vic Angelo I'm not able to reproduce the issue in Ableton, can you give us more details on your setup? Like OS and a step by step list of events leading to the issue? Is there a special setup with Ableton and Maschine?

• Vic Angelo
    Vic Angelo Member Posts: 108 Advisor
    Options

Nothing special to reproduce. If I add maschine as an AU plugin, I get the exact same situation as Original poster, any sound/sample/synth will have a fraction of a second of audio and stop. almost like a click, but I gave up on finding a solution, I just use the VST and VST3 version and everything is fine, I dont wanna handle another headache.

I'm using latest NI updates on all software. Ableton 10 and MacOs 12.

• Kai_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

Understood. We found the issue and it will be fixed in the next update which is currently in Beta.

The exact release date is not 100% clear. We are targeting to have this released before the end of the year, but this always depends on how the testing progresses and therefore should be taken with a grain of salt.

• EdSH
    EdSH Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

So Since logic 10. 8 My maschine mikro 2 wont even start up in Logic any more . Its just stuck on the groove production studio screen . So no more plugin and play functionality at all . Not to mention that i had the transient sound bug where you can only hear the transients on the pads then it cuts out . Frustrating and another nail in the coffin for this companies products for me .

• Kai_NI
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hey @EdSH,

as said, the transient bug will be fixed in the next update. Maschine Mikro MK2 not working in Logic 10.8 seems to be a different issue and would warrant a different thread.

The way you frame it, it sounds like the issue is introduced by the Logic 10.8 update. What OS version are you on? More details help us to see what the underlying issue is and whether we can do anything about it.

I also find it worth to acknowledge that Mikro MK2 was released more than 11 years ago and that we didn't do too bad at keeping it around for so long after all ;)

• donmaddonald
    Options

@Vic Angelo described well what I meant.

@Kai_NI , @Jeremy_NI thanks for your help, also Logic made an update today, I didn't read it in depth but there were some stuff about the transients, so probably was a Logic issue.

However keep updating machine please, it is the only logo that needs un update (if you know what I mean :p bring us some new features as xmas gift ahaha).

thanks guys!

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@EdSH If you need support, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_maschine