Double click to open presets

Options
ShibuyaRob
ShibuyaRob Member Posts: 15 Member

Hi, I'm using Komplete 12 (ultimate) in Logic Pro x.

Recently updated Kontakt to version 6.

When I open Kontakt in Komplete Kontrol if I browse to an instrument like Analogue Dreams and then double click a preset from a bank, I get a grey 'Kontakt 6 no instrument loaded message ' where the instrument should load.

If I drag the preset to that area it loads ok.

Can anyone help me in finding a solution to this please. I can supply more information if required. Thanks

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,942 Guru
    Options

I think you should just use Kontakt instead.

Just install a DAW and that's all.

• ShibuyaRob
    Options

Thanks, I do use a DAW, Logic Pro X. I have the S49 keyboard so not using Komplete Kontrol isn't an option. The issue is the same using the keyboard, e.g. I can browse all the Kontakt instruments but can't open them with the 4 way controller when I click down. I get the same message as when I use the software directly.

• Milos
    Options

Oh...

Sorry.

In my opinion, maybe you should just update or reinstall Komplete then.

I hope this can help at least a little bit.

• ShibuyaRob
    Options

Thanks, I don't know how to reinstall without upgrading (my native access does have an upgrade for Komplete Control), I'm trying to avoid that as I'll need to update my Mac OS too. Everything installed should be working as its all compatible with my OS (according to NI).

Any advice on re installation with upgrading?

• Milos
    Options

Hmm.

You should update Mac first, then the rest.

Besides, as far as I know, every computer, regardless of the OS, will not delete the programs after the OS update.

I always update my Win 11 Pro and none of my programs were deleted.

• ShibuyaRob
    Options

Thanks, I'll see if I can find a less obtrusive answer 1st, if not will have to do that yes (you are right about the installed programs being unaffected when the OS is updated.

I've written to NI too btw, just keen to see if anyone here has also experienced the same as me and has a quicker solution.

• Milos
    Options

It's ok.

Have a good day, bro!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

@ShibuyaRob Do you have a M1 Mac or Intel? Have you updated Analog Dreams or otther libraries recently? If so, please check this post: Previous versions of recently updated Kontakt libraries / compatibility with K6 older libraries

• ShibuyaRob
    Options

Hi Jeremy

It's an older mac, MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), I'm on Mojave V 10.14.6

The only thing I have done recently is to update Kontakt to version 6 from 5.

No issues before this. I wish I hadn't updated Kontakt now.

All Kontakt instruments won't load in Komplete Kontrol on double click now in the software or using the 4 way knob via the S49 when I push down.

I can drag and drop to the grey Kontakt panel and all works then.

Added a screen shot which I hope helps.

I'm wondering if there are any compatibility issues with Kontakt V6 and Komplete Kontrol 2.5.1 the version I'm on? To upgrade to latest KK I would need to upgrade my OS. Would prefer not to if i don't have to at the moment.

Also, I'm seeing Kontakt twice in the Komplete Kontrol preferences. Is that normal?

I have re-scanned and tried de-selecting Always use latest version of NI plug ins

Any help would be amazing, I can't use select by just drag and drop as I have a wrist injury issue + the keyboard is designed to allow me to select by pushing the 4 way control down...

Thanks

• ShibuyaRob
    Options

@Jeremy_NI

Is it possible to someone roll back to version 5?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

@ShibuyaRob Did you update libraries recently, there were a lot of them updated recently to bring new features with our new keyboards, that breaks compatibility with Kontakt 6: Previous versions of recently updated Kontakt libraries / compatibility with K6 older libraries