How to map pad FX Vinyl brake with continous timing

Options
hrokling
hrokling Member Posts: 3 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

I have an ❤️S4 Mk3❤️. I saw DJ Carlos using Rekordbox + DDJ-400 apply a Pad FX for vinyl braking with the track timer not dropping and resuming playing in sync. I've googled and searched the Traktor vinyl brake mappings but they seem to all include tempo adjustments which makes you lose the beatsync with other tracks playing.

Does anyone know how (if?) this can be mapped?

I'm not allowed to share a link to the video unfortunately, but it's at 4:38:58 (watch carefully on deck B to catch it, three times) in his video titled "9 Hours of DJ Mixes to Party (Nonstop MegaMix)"

Best Answer

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,379 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

In one of your 6 effects slot add the "tape stop effect"

When you press the effects active button for that slot you will hear the record winding down effect while the playhead is still moving.

That is the most simple way.

You can also somehow map it to a button. But I think that will also take at least one fx slot anyway.

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,379 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

In one of your 6 effects slot add the "tape stop effect"

When you press the effects active button for that slot you will hear the record winding down effect while the playhead is still moving.

That is the most simple way.

You can also somehow map it to a button. But I think that will also take at least one fx slot anyway.

• hrokling
    hrokling Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Thank you - I'll experiment in this direction!

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,676 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

This mapping supports TTFX on the Play button, check it out since you already own an S4. https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/9325

Note that Turntable Effect is a buffer type of effect. (needs a second to load a track into it before it can be applied)