NTKDeamon using high amounts of my cpu while not open.

Options
wojtek
wojtek Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi, I've looked pretty much everywhere and couldn't find the answer to my problem. I saw a post on here where a NI PT said that they are trying to fix the NTKDeamon issue in march... Anyone knows how to fix this problem?

Best Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Seems to me fixing this would be a priority given NKTDaemon seems to impact on so many aspects of the user experience

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,943 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Not suggesting that it would make that much difference here anyway but you are not giving much information here to start with.

But from your profile info then you are using Windows (?) , does your system have 'onboard' graphics or dedicated graphics ? , in any case exactly which ? Do you use newest version of N.A. for your O.S. ? (N.A. version ?).

Reason for asking about the graphics is because it were suggested at one point that one of the reasons for the NTKDaemon to use resources were actually because of graphics calls (OpenGL API) (which were maybe not what one would have expected to be the reason) .

Even if forum members such as I should not be able to add something of help then it would be nice to get some details about your setup !

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Seems to me fixing this would be a priority given NKTDaemon seems to impact on so many aspects of the user experience

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,943 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Not suggesting that it would make that much difference here anyway but you are not giving much information here to start with.

But from your profile info then you are using Windows (?) , does your system have 'onboard' graphics or dedicated graphics ? , in any case exactly which ? Do you use newest version of N.A. for your O.S. ? (N.A. version ?).

Reason for asking about the graphics is because it were suggested at one point that one of the reasons for the NTKDaemon to use resources were actually because of graphics calls (OpenGL API) (which were maybe not what one would have expected to be the reason) .

Even if forum members such as I should not be able to add something of help then it would be nice to get some details about your setup !