Error Condition: Updating from Native Access 3.6.0 to 3.6.1

Options
Vocalpoint
Vocalpoint Member Posts: 985 Guru

Here is a new one - got this a half hour ago upon starting up Native Access 3.6.0:

This "doubled" set of messages appears immediate after the NA startup "online" check (which is indicated by a "pulsating" circle icon that appears in the upper left of the UI - directly over the word "Access " in the NA logo)

Have never seen this check display two pairs of messages - but the last two say it all.

Even when I exit the app - which usually WILL start new install - nothing happens. Or if I click the "restart to install now" text - the app closes and nothing happens.

Running NA 3.6.0 successfully and without issue since last weekend on Windows 10 22H2. Support ticket has been submitted.

Cheers

VP

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• nkulas
    nkulas Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I have same problem, Win 10.

• parapentep70
    parapentep70 Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Same for me yesterday. Re-started twice. I decided to wait to see more reports.

It does not happen today. Access does not try to update to anything later than 3.6.0. Apparently the update to 3.6.1 did not work and they are fixing it. W10, first time with a problem like this.

• Vocalpoint
    Options

Still happening here - after a clean restart on Win 10.

VP

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 253 Pro
    Options

I had this too (Windows 10) so I just manually downloaded and installed the latest NA. It can be found here:

• parapentep70
    Options

Solved.

I did not do anything, probably NI changed what (or how) they try to install. I opened Native Access, it reported it WAS unable to update, closed and it updated as usual. Now I have 3.6.1.

• Vocalpoint
    Options

I finally went the manual route and I am on 3.6.1 successfully.

VP

• jms9000
    jms9000 Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
    Options

I had the same double messages occur when i could not update several apps. Saw there was new version so I uninstalled then re installed NA2 from NI website. Tried to uninstall / re-install affected apps. now they wont install. UN-installed ALL NI products, Cleaned the registry, ran NI registry cleaner, Manually deleted any remaining folders and installers. Now all the products that worked previously will not even install. I went the support option last week for the update issue. Received a prompt auto response email with a ticket # but that was 5 days ago. I plan to start early tomorrow. 3-4 AM local time so maybe someone in Berlin will respond.

• racunars
    racunars Member Posts: 10 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Same problem. 😖. But I solved with manual update downloading the last version

• Calagan
    Calagan Member Posts: 157 Advisor
    Options

When do they release the final version of Native Access ?

Don't you find this beta testing period a bit too long ?

• parapentep70
    Options

Today there is some new 3.6.2 version. Same story, it does not update, same duplicated error messages. I hope it will get eventually fixed in the future (like it happened with 3.6.1). It does not look the most reliable software these days.

• Vocalpoint
    Options

I just went ahead and installed 3.62 manually. All is good.

VP

• frankie-b
    frankie-b Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Updates have been historical awful and unstable. I had a perfectly fine system utill I had some recent instrument updates fail.

I used the uninstaller tool and that installed some instruments okay but others failed. That also ruined Kontakt as now some instruments won't load citing my Kontakt v 6.8.0 is too old.

I downloaded a full copy of Kontakt 6.8. from a link NI sent me a few months ago when the previous Kontakt updated failed. But that didn't resolve any issues.

My NA states Kontakt needs to be repaired, but paths are wrong. Yet the new Kontakt install plays okay, except some instruments still won't load because I get an error citing my Kontakt 6.8.0 is too old.

Submitted ticket to support 3 days ago. Waiting.

Now my NA won't update either so I'll try downloading new copy.

Déjà vu 

• frankie-b
    frankie-b Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Downloaded NA 3.6.2 and installed and that corrected NA update problem.

It also allowed Kontakt 6.8.0 to be installed as NA now "sees" my paths to folders correct.

Unfortunately, some of my instruments still won't load from Kontakt 6.8.0.0 citing my version of Kontakt is too old.

• Vocalpoint
    edited October 2023
    Options

"Unfortunately, some of my instruments still won't load from Kontakt 6.8.0.0 citing my version of Kontakt is too old."

This error condition has nothing to do with Native Access (regardless of version).

It is due to this:

Previous versions of recently updated Kontakt libraries / compatibility with K6 older libraries — Community (native-instruments.com)

VP

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,909 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

I had 4 messages in Native Access (V. 3.6.1) that there were an update to version 3.6.2 ready. I let the app update itself , which it did without any hiccups at all ! .

After that then only having Komplete 14 Standard then I had (only ?) 10 updates in Native Access, I downloaded them all one by one starting with Kontakt 7. Everything installed without any problems.. Kontakt 7 and instruments / sound banks appear to be working as expected - I am not that great or experienced at using it all.....

Using Windows 10 , 64 bit here.