Thanks for the NA Uninstall!

Options
nightjar
nightjar Member Posts: 1,288 Guru
edited September 2023 in Native Access

Manual uninstall of some products was already "easy enough", but having Uninstall right there in NA is much appreciated for better product management.

I am curating my Komplete 14 CE to thin out my "too many choices". I'm waiting for my S61 MK3 to ship, and I'm going to be favoring products that are prepped for NKS2.

Ditching older stuff that has dated UI whenever possible. Over-indulgent legacy-art products are hitting the curb.

Looking at you Damage.... your ugly face is gone.

Comments

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    Options

What... you don't wanna use Damage to make movie trailers that sound like every other trailer?

Just curious as to what some other "legacy-art" products are.

• nightjar
    edited September 2023
    Options

Ugly legacy-art is just one factor in my thinning out.

The bigger factor would be if something fails to get a good NKS2 implementation.

If so... I don't want to use it going forward.

I'm grateful for this defining point. I have too much stuff!

• nightjar
    Options
  • Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    Options

It's an Uui. Probably thought it looked cool when it first came out.

• nightjar
    edited September 2023
    Options

I have deleted everything from Plugin Alliance from my rig.

Really strange given that they are under NI's ownership now.. but I find the PA products to be a clumsy and distractive and not well-aligned to look/feel and workflow of where NKS2 is going.

I'm not gonna waste my time with anything PA related.

3rd party partners like u-he seem more attuned to the future of NKS2 than any of the PA stuff.

NI buying PA was a huge mistake IMO.

• nightjar
    Options

BTW.. my curation of Komplete 14 CE has NOTHING to do with available storage space. The 4TB internal SSD on my MacBook Pro has plenty of room for everything.

My motivation is preserving my time in the creative zone. Having too any choices is not a good thing.

Purging stuff that does not seem likely to fit in well with future workflow is feeling good!