Machine MK3 does not display all Expansion Icons

Options
WizardWest
WizardWest Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi,

Machine MK3 does not display all Expansion Icons on hardware or in application.

I have a very new system, Mac M1 Studio, my whole NI library is on an external drive.

All NI software is up to date via NI Access, (all Expansion packs and plugins).

I have tried some ancient tech articles and tried deleting the recommended preference files, rebooting, etc.

I also looked around in the Applications Support folders, and I can see the Expansion packs folders, (the ones that actually display properly), BUT NOT ALL THE MISSING ONES.

There should be a button in NI Access that fixes stuff like this.

Please help.

Thanks,

Joe

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,784 mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

deleting the recommended preference files

Seriously don't do that, NI recommend this as a troubleshooting measure when in my view it should only be as a last resort, not as a first resort (especially when to comes to deleting database files like favourites which is bad advice imho).

I can't remember the thread where one of the support team (Jeremy I think) posted a ZIP with all current icons but I have linked to the copy I snagged - just unzip and copy over the folder into your NI resources/Image folder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ce1jqcy08ef3y6/NI%20Image%20folder%20backup.zip?dl=0

There should be a button in NI Access that fixes stuff like this.

There shouldn't really be a need for such a button if NA did what it was supposed to do in the first place, this is a known bug; hopefully it will get fixed eventually