What are the possibilities of the Mikro MK3 touch strip?

Options
Octavio
Octavio Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

Hello! I'm going to give a little context. I am interested in purchasing a Mikro MK3 to connect to the PC, I also have a midi keyboard that I connect to the PC. I currently use Reaper or FL, but would like to use Maschine software for live looping.

What I would like to know is: With the touch strip, can I control effects or volume of a virtual instrument, recorded with the midi keyboard?

In addition, it would also be interesting to know, if with the touch strip you can automate or overdub those FX or Volume changes, previously made on the midi keyboard.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

While controlling Maschine it can only do what the buttons above it say: Pitch bend, Mod Wheel, Maschine's Perform FX and Note Arp.

If the Mikro is not controlling Maschine but instead is in generic MIDI Mode you can do just about anything since you can just assign it a CC and MIDI Map it in your DAW to do whatever you want.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

While controlling Maschine it can only do what the buttons above it say: Pitch bend, Mod Wheel, Maschine's Perform FX and Note Arp.

If the Mikro is not controlling Maschine but instead is in generic MIDI Mode you can do just about anything since you can just assign it a CC and MIDI Map it in your DAW to do whatever you want.