Future of AI and DJ for ChatGpt

Options
Kayya
Kayya Member Posts: 195 Advisor

Hello friends, this weekend I chatted with ChatGpt about artificial intelligence and the future of DJing. (I want to say that the more you talk to him, the more creative and professional he becomes)

One weekend in the past months, I shared my experiences with ChatGpt on Professional DJ Set Structure. I'm adding it here and even though there were mistakes according to the conditions of that period, it looked impressive and very technical.

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/11062/chatgpt-professional-dj-set-structure 

I share with you the results of ChatGpt on artificial intelligence and DJing:

My Personal Notes:

1. ChatGpt argued in other parts of the chat that artificial intelligence will not end the industry and will remain in the human focus. He said that people simply enjoy interacting with people. This part seems so meaningful, it could be the subject of books.

2. I've always complained about the engineering of the job. artificial intelligence will undertake the unnecessary workloads of this work and the artist will only have to perform his art. Nowadays, we are dealing with problems such as mapping, archives and tags. We deceive ourselves by calling the difficulties we cause ourselves the "spirit of the business". The future does not say this.

3. As far as I understand, we will not be creating archives anymore. With the detailed prompts we provide, artificial intelligence from the entire music market will bring together and make a list for us. He will even pay attention to parts of the performance. everything is out of our hands, but it happens automatically.

4. I see that we will even change the instrument in the music. Even the hit scale can change. new music emerges. In this way, the copyright issue is eliminated. everything becomes original. And if we're going to be that much of a producer from a piece of music, our playlists will be smaller, for reference purposes, and music derived from it can be played for days. If we are going to produce this much, the sound quality will always be high. Because you reproduce directly.

5. He says that everything will be automatic, and even the things we miss, the automatic control will continue. I smell autonomous driving vehicles here.

6. The issue of creativity with a microphone seems complicated. I think he's talking about the sounds we make being the rhythm of the music. We will feel it, we will make the sound at that moment, and there will be music. This is beyond me. I have to be frank, I wasn't the type to use the microphone. :)

7. He says something crazy, like the environment will be listened to with microphones. What I understand from this is that people's suggestions to us will change depending on their mood. Listeners will have control on set. This is a point where the limits are pushed, but we saw in the promotion that external sounds can be listened to in daily use AirPods. This immediately came to my mind and it means it is happening.

Finally, the future looks really exciting. It will be an autonomous car and we will be at the steering wheel. And artificial intelligence does not want to take over humanity. People just love interacting with people. I hope to see you next weekend at our workshops, I am very curious about your thoughts and now I leave the microphone to you.

Comments

• Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 125 Helper
    Options

I thought the hype train of AI leaved the station a long time ago? 🤔

• Kayya
    Options

AI is important. It was advertised only outside of its purpose and the part that was put into service and the subject started to fade quickly. In fact, it stands there in its domestic place and its valve is a little narrowed. But it can still do things about creativity when it is worked on a little bit.

• Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 125 Helper
    Options

You sound like some sort of AI startup developer. 😁

• Milkman
    Milkman Member Posts: 214 Advisor
    Options

Uhg. Couldnt be more opposed to this if I tried.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

Well, AI will help DJ here and there. It has been already used for live STEM separation, for example. It could be used for effects if developers decide so.

AI could help with tagging tracks and creation of dynamic playlists....

• c0nsul
    c0nsul Member Posts: 298 Pro
    edited September 2023
    Options

AI should re-write Traktor code, fix bugs and accelerate feature development. 😉

• Kayya
    Options

I'm not a developer, but as an architect I'm a good user in my work. A new area of expertise has come out, it's called artificial intelligence moderatorship 😀 I don't hesitate to use this talent in my favorite hobby. I like to interact and open horizons here. 😊

It's very nice in other comments, I think we created excitement 😊

• ShakaRank2023
    ShakaRank2023 Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Hi, I'd like to step in this conversation about AI's interaction with music in general, including Djs.

If AI, as I've read, is geared towards achieving better channel separation in STEM files, this could be interesting, bearing in mind that the current solutions on offer aren't great in my opinion, as mastering is required, so a lot more money has to be spent to get clean STEM files.

Now, I'm pretty sure some people (Engineers, Corporate Companies...) are thinking about AI-generated music. Personally, I'm against it, because it means there's no artistic effort involved in creating good music. To be an artist, a musician or even a DJ is to be a craftsman!

This also entails problems of artistic, moral and social rights that will have to be confronted. The recent strike by Hollywood screenwriters, particularly concerning the irruption of AI and the consequences for their future employability, shows that screenwriters are not serene.

Are we willing to consider boycotting AI-generated music or just go along with the flow like sheep ?

All the best

@ShakaRank2023

• Kayya
    Options

I argue that no software power can take the job from human hands and this is not possible. I expressed this in this post. It seems that artificial intelligence does not have such a desire. I also made the joke of this.

There is a very thin demark, these developments eliminate unnecessary empty work and help the artist. It closes the competition in the wrong place and causes it to take the right path. Those who complain about artificial intelligence in everything are the lazy ones. People don't get a job, new people will go to the market and some people will retire now. That's the whole point. Again, there are people at the beginning of everything, don't be afraid.

• ShakaRank2023
    ShakaRank2023 Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

@Kayya The point is not to be afraid or not, don't get it wrong. You seem to be an AI fan, that's up to you ! You use AI in your job as you've mentionned as a "good user". However, you won't be able to avoid the questions millions of people are raising worldwide about the emergence of this impactful technology, thus don't be blind.

All the best

@ShakaRank2023

• Kayya
    Options

I don't want to get out of the subject. That's why we have this conversation in a separate place. Let's be about the future of dj with artificial intelligence.

• Milkman
    edited September 2023
    Options

If I find out any artist Ive patronized is using that sort of generative AI, I will instantly turn my back on them. I am aggressively against all of this, and I've been deeply involved with technology for 40 years of my life.

This is becoming a fundamental *human rights* issue across many industries and governmental structures if you study and understand "AI" as many of us in the tech community have. The mythology of all of this is being used to build a culture that is weak and susceptible to such things, for example the new "Coke AI" product. (The idea is that its the PERFECT formula, so you *have to* drink it).

It isnt even "artificial intelligence" as the marketing mythology goes. This is a misnomer, as this is a technology of theft and robust reiteration, first and foremost, and a technology that IS RIGHT NOW being used to replace human beings in various industry areas. A large part of the usefulness of this technology is mythological, and requires mythology to continue.

Furthermore, this technology is NOT FINISHED and requires your participation to become more mature, which is why some companies are hiring sweatshop/call-center type facilities in the Phillipines once again because AI requires HUMAN TRAINING(google this for info). Your interaction with it, over time, allows the robust datasets to become more robust, and eventually the automation system - the "AI" you want to call it - takes over. This is a dead end, and it is something we should fight, not prostrate ourselves in front of.

Its like we have the chance to reconsider nuclear weapons or trickle-down economics or destroying the entire auto industry using automation once again, but are considering making the same mistakes over again, despite knowing what's coming. Dont do it.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,609 Expert
    Options

I think it is cute you refer to this chat bot as "He" instead of "It". It is still just code, just like someone born male can believe they are female does not actually change what they are, AI is still just code in a box and will never be an actual He/She.

People are always scared of change, anything we have not yet fully understood immediately makes us afraid it will be the end of humanity as we know it. Sure, I believe with all this automated tech it will create more generic results than we have already, modern music and film is a pretty good reflection of that, however there are always cases that stand out and TBH if you use any modern DAW or DJ software and controller, there are elements of "AI" or automation you use already and the same concerns were expressed 40 years ago when people moved from vinyl to Digital and things like "beat match, key lock" became possible.

Been some years now but when I go out to a club and am really digging the music, I couldn't give a fig who the DJ is or what tools they use, if the end result is something I enjoy, great.

Don't forget that even tho it can all be potentially automated and maybe sound perfect does not mean people will instantly like it. When Star Wars, Terminator, Jurassic Park were first released to audiences people were blown away because it was epic and looked great especially for such old CGI and camera effects for the time, these still hod up today for great pieces of work 40+ years later. Later movies to these franchises failed to have close to the same impact because for all the great CGI that was done, people were simply not impressed by it because "anyone" can do that kind of stuff easily.

Funnily, people are not all just dumb mindless robots which is why most can appreciate and value actual skills and uniqueness. If AI generates something great you look at it and go "hmrf, that's kind of cool" but knowing it was all done by hand generates so much more feeling, because it was created with the same feelings, not just data connections.

A big problem with AI is the need for connectivity, electricity and copious amounts of data to function, disrupt these and it's just a box of useless parts, placing too much of our faith in machines alone is what will eventually be our downfall and likely not due to them "rising up" but likely failing to function after some large scale event and humans not knowing what to do anymore. Imagine a global event where some massive computer virus completely breaks all networks for AI and now nothing can connect.

What happens when there is a glitch now at the supermarket or they lose power? Unlike the old days where they would whip out torches and continue taking cash for goods, now they cannot do anything because it is all computerised. That is where the wars of the future will be fought.

• Milkman
    Options

Its always funny to me when someone expresses conservative gender ideology in the same paragraph they talk about how people are afraid of change.

And in the service of defending industrial-scale job replacement technology - "AI" - from "people who fear change". lol

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    edited September 2023
    Options

@JesterMgee  

AI is still just code in a box and will never be an actual He/She.

But, what humans are? Just code, few doublestrings.... Yes, computers are heavily legging behind. So far. But remember, how fast computers develop. They might be 1000 times stronger in 30 years, 1 000 000 times in sixty years, 1 000 000 000 times in ninety years.... So, one day, they will have more capabilities than humans. If humans allow that....

And with quantum computers there may be huge leap even sooner.

There used to be AI hype in nineties, but that time computers were weak for anything but simple things like adaptive filter, automatic controll element, simple forecasting tool, simple pattern recognition and so... Now with computers 1 000 times stronger it might happen.

@Milkman

And in the service of defending industrial-scale job replacement technology - "AI" - from "people who fear change". 

Well, it is unpleasant. But it has happened few times in past. Many human jobs will be owertaken by computers, sooner or later... And those people will do something else... But I do not say transition will be easy. But one cannot stop it. And it is not just computers, but also robots.

AI simulates what is, it can hardly bring something very new. So there alway will be place for human creativity and invention. Till the point humans train computers in creativity. But it is hard as noone knows how it works, it is impossible/hard to gather data on creativity.

Also, the biggest problem in developing expert systems that were popular in nineties was to get expert information from experts. When they recognized, that system might replace them, they were much cooperative to provide information needed....