No sound from Pigments 4 in Maschine 2

Options
kleody
kleody Member Posts: 25 Member
edited September 2023 in Maschine

Hi all, I cannot get any sound from the Pigments 4 vst, vst3, AU plugin(s) while using a MIDI controller.

I am using the latest updates to both Maschine 2, Ableton Live 11 and Pigments. First of all, Pigments works fine in Standalone and recognizes MIDI controller (Keystep Pro).

The problem is that when loaded as a plugin, the GUI loads fine, I can see that MIDI notes are registering, but no sound from controller. If I play the virtual keyboard inside the Pigments plugin, I can hear it fine - but it does not seem to recognize any controllers (Maschine+ in Controller Mode or Keystep Pro).

If I open a 2nd Group in Maschine or open a new MIDI track in Ableton Live and load, for instance, Vital - it works immediately. This seems to be a Pigments plugin issue. I can’t figure out if this is User error or something else - has anyone run into this issue yet?

Best Answer

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 253 Pro
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Can you check Pigments settings (the gear icon at the top right of the plugin window) for the MIDI channel? The default is 'All'. If it is set to anything other than 'All' or '1' there will be no sound.

Answers

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 253 Pro
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Can you check Pigments settings (the gear icon at the top right of the plugin window) for the MIDI channel? The default is 'All'. If it is set to anything other than 'All' or '1' there will be no sound.

• kleody
    kleody Member Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Yes, you are right! I changed the Pigments plugin settings to 'ALL' and everything works fine now... thanks!