Ask me anything: X1 MK3

Options

Comments

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,849 mod
    Options

The metal stand is too small. Not sure about the bag, but probably too small as well. The X1 has grown in all directions by a few centimetres.

• djxirex
    djxirex Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Absolutely love the new controller!

This is probably a question that will be asked next year or whenever Live Stems update comes out but I would love to know if it's possible to add a another page for stems via a firmware update?

The custom page will probably have some way of doing it but it would be great if there was a stock mapping with a new workflow focusing on using stems on X1 Mk3. Like soloing instrumental/acapella tracks instead of lowering multiple volume faders/knobs up/down.

For an open format DJ like me. It'll be amazing for the X1 Mk3 to have a mapping which lets me press a button which solo's the Acapella track and turns on an delay on the other 3 stem tracks (instrumental) which would create a nice tail out effect instead of the track abruptly switching to an acapella.

This way instead of me mixing seamlessly I could perform mashup transitions on the fly.

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 202 Advisor
    Options

Are the bottom 12 buttons RGB as well? Will there be illuminated dots to match the top 8 hotcue buttons so all the buttons match in hotcue mode?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,470 Expert
    Options

In the promo video you see it used with a bag and it then has the same height as a xone 96.

But yeah, it's only a promo video and I would not trust it.

• Ves
    Ves Member Posts: 11 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

As a former Traktor Scratch user who was heavily invested, just want to congratulate you guys for releasing a product.

Hope this brings you the success you hope for from its targeted public.

Will it be compatible with third party software?

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 261 Guru
    Options

Give it a few months and someone will have a 3D printed stand up on eBay, Reverb or Etsy.

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 261 Guru
    Options

One more question from me and it's a big one!

I noticed that there is a big emphasis on using Traktor with Maschine in the PR video, thanks to the inbuilt USB hub.

However, as many of us have highlighted in the past, Traktor's implementation of Ableton Link is somewhat flawed with regards to the MASTER clock and being able to adjust the pitch of track decks when enabled.

The X1 was always a fantastic controller for scratch DJs and those of us who use HID mode with CDJs. I never really use my X1 as a standalone device, it's always to compliment other gear.

Will Traktor address the master clock issues and allow for the Link session clock to be pulled in time with pitch fader adjustments?

Thanks!

• imianwilliams
    imianwilliams Member Posts: 14 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

So Traktor software is included. Is this "Pro" or "Pro plus"? (Can I save money on my plus subscription?)

Do you have a manual available to download yet?

Is the bag shown in the unboxing video included?

Are cue points 5-8 accessible? (Shift button?)

Can you control decks C & D if you plugged it in to an S4 mk3?

I can see how the LED's can be useful, but can you switch them off? ...I'm thinking of a situation where you don't want flashing lights, like playing in presentation music on a stuffy corporate gig. 😀

• shotam
    shotam Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

i'm very happy for this new entry, i really like it.

will NI ever release a new Traktor F1 with this new design language?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,470 Expert
    Options

This should answer a buch of your questions:

It's Pro, not Pro Plus. Soft Bag is included.

Controlling C and D works with the current mk2, so I hope this one can do it two. (It asks you on startup)

It looks like this is still the case:

Hot cue 5 to 8 are available if you set it up that way:

Seems like you can disable the bottom LEDs

• pARty_bOy
    pARty_bOy Member Posts: 64 Advisor
    edited August 2023
    Options

the X1 mk3 is looking smart with the displays, would love to see those 5 displays on a Z2 (with internal FX). and also a D2 with 16 pads. keep it coming NI.

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 209 Advisor
    edited August 2023
    Options

Is there a notch at 12 o clock position for top knobs and is there another way to manage volume since it shares a "current" mode with other functions. I think it showed that user need to "catch" up to the value before the knob can work. Good so as not to increase volume suddenly but more work if you need volume down to zero fast

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,849 mod
    Options

Quote by Ean Golden:

The knobs are impressive, with large shafts and distinct center markings. You’ll immediately notice the pronounced center detent hole, which indicates 0. With many controllers, it’s tricky to find the 0 spot, leading to accidental slight filter adjustments. That’s NOT the case here. NI has found a knob that feels perfect for resetting to 0.

Source: https://djtechtools.com/2023/08/29/traktor-x1-mk3-a-first-look/

• macsoft
    macsoft Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Why oh Why would you change the location of the most used button on a controller: the CUE button?!

Why oh Why would you get rid of the single most important feature on the MK1>Mk2 upgrade: the touch strips?!

I take mt MK2 to all the clubs in a lot of countries. I was so hopeful for an upgrade..

Terrible design changes. the only worst thing you could do, is change the location of the PLAY button too.

Kudos on the USB HUB idea. I think I'll hack one of my MK2 to had a hub to it.

• macsoft
    macsoft Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.