Ask me anything: X1 MK3

Options
Kaiwan_NI
Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,597 admin

Join us for a community-exclusive ask me anything session with Traktor’s Lead Product Managers.

Dive into the new X1 

To celebrate the much-awaited launch of the next-gen X1, we're excited to have Traktor’s Lead Product Managers Friedemann Becker and Michael Koczynski joining the community for a Q&A session. It’s your chance to dive deep into our new compact modular DJ controller, now available for a pre-order.

Post your questions about the X1 MK3 in the comment section below for a chance to have your questions answered directly in this thread from September 5 until September 19, 2023

The X1 MK3 drops in store on September 20, 2023. See all the new features and specs here.

Comments

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,685 mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

Congrats first of all! Must say that the Loop size Display looks crumped with info and all I really need is the big Loop Size (same as MK2) so hopefully it will be possible to select different "elements" for each screen in the future. (just a big BPM value or Loop Size value or Key value or the waveform graphic with the progress bar etc)

Edit.

1 - How do you adjust the Tempo. SYNC + ENCODER as well as MK2 version?

2 - Is there the MIDI Mode?

3 - Will the Controller Editor detect the unit?

4 - Are there overmapping capabilities?

5 - Access to Cues 5-8? Ability to easily flip between 1-4 and 5-8 without remapping.

6 - Ipad compatibility?

7 - Are encoders touch sensitive, same as the X1 MK2?

8 - Are FX Knobs also touch sensitive?

9 - Ableton factory templates?

Thank you.

• Startiel
    Startiel Member Posts: 39 Member
    Options

I really enjoy and LOVE this new design, great job NI!

Now, i know it doesn't have much to do with the X1 but I'm a S4MK3 user (for a year now) and I would like to know if it will still be maintained and updated (soft-firmware wise) or we will see a new S4 with this design.

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 209 Advisor
    Options

How can it work with Maschine+ both being standalones or maybe DJ on the Maschine+ :D

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,765 mod
    Options

I'm pretty sure they won't drop the MK3 line 4 deck controllers anytime soon.

• daneasy
    daneasy Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Hi, MK3 looks great, will it be possible to map crossfade to something?

Also what are the options for shift+turn loop encoder? Can it be set to move a loop by 1 beat? (Not by loop size)

• Matt K
    Matt K Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Like the look of this. Will there be an accompanying updated Z1?

• Kadoks
    Kadoks Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

First of all, great unit! minimalist, clean look, amazing! Probably I will get one unit ASAP.

3 questions:

1 - Please coment regarding IOS compatibility to the current version of traktor dj or maybe any future projects.

2 - In the video teasing the product we can see a bag. Will this bag come with the unit or it should be an extra purshace, if it does not comes with with the unit, please coment Bag´s price.

3 - Are u guys are going to release some kind of stand or the current/old kontrol Stand can fit it in?

Suggestion for new products: I think the community is also really hoping to see an standalone unit (equivalent to pioneer xdj/opus quad) or maybe a "deck standalone unit" (equivalent to an CDJ - media player).

Tks for keeping traktor up, I recently tried rekordbox and im my opinion you guys still have the best software by far.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,287 Guru
    Options
  • myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 202 Advisor
    edited August 2023
    Options

Will there be integrations with any other software platforms, or will this be a Traktor Only controller?

currently, there are zero active DJ interface or mixer products from NI to pair this with.

Are the displays addressed using QML like other NI controllers?

does the depth match CDj’s and turntables now, or is it still awkwardly shorter in length when paired up with pro level equipment?

The Touchstrip is now gone. How well does using buttons to nudge tempo and seek tracks in deck control compare to the touch strip?

• nachopenades
    nachopenades Member Posts: 207 Pro
    Options

+1.

Congratulations to the NI team. It looks fantastic, the only question I have is the flexibility to customize the MIDI mapping.

Thanks.

• djxirex
    djxirex Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I have a lot of Type A to Type B cables but only a few Type A to Type B cables. May be other djs have it like this too.

• Sean
    Sean Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

If I'm using this next to a club mixer do you have a stand or a case that will work with it. Or do the old X1 stands work with this?

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,148 Guru
    Options

There's mention of the word modular, and there are various frames, brackets etc. shown, so I guess there are other companion products on the way.

This discussion has been closed.