Lost all functionality on Maschine MK3

Options
godsnatas
godsnatas Member Posts: 6 Member
edited August 2023 in Maschine

I recently lost mostly all of the button functionality on my Maschine MK3. It worked normally like everyone else, but now, only the 16 pads light up and mostly all the other control buttons are not lit up or functional. When I load an expansion and hit the 16 pads, I get sound, but all the buttons around the 16 pad, PLAY, STOP, NOTE REPEAT, KEYBOARD, CHORDS, STEP and all other buttons are lit off and don't work when I push them. Like if the entire MASCHINE MK3 lost it's config and it's just a dumb box. Unit still allows me to go into MIDI mode but stays fixed in PAD MODE and the last sound I hit goes into MIDI and just pitch shifts. Did I loss all my configs and connection functionality? Anyone see this before?

Tagged:

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Options

I would reinstall its drivers as first move.

Eventually also check Controller Editor (it should be controlling only the midi part, but if drivers didn’t work maybe reinstalling also this will fix controller mode…I don’t know)

• jt maher
    jt maher Member Posts: 80 Newcomer
    edited August 2023
    Options

Sounds like your mk3 went bad. Had the same thing happen to my first mk3. The device just stopped working, and couldn’t press the same buttons you have mentioned. Most likely defective

if it’s still under warranty pay 89$ to NI , and possibly get a new one sent to you. I hope you saved the receipt wherever you purchased it from :)

• Milkman
    Milkman Member Posts: 216 Advisor
    edited August 2023
    Options

Press SHIFT and CHANNEL/MIDI at the same time. Alternately check the Controller Editor to make sure you havent loaded some weird template.

Has this really been sitting here for 2 days without someone telling the guy he's in MIDI mode, and showing him SHIFT + CHANNEL/MIDI?

Did you guys consult with Steinberg on how to run a community forum?

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 430 Pro
    Options

Hey @Milkman

Did you read OP's post where it says

"Unit still allows me to go into MIDI mode"

?

Everyone assumes OP knows what midi mode is. Please be more considerate when replying.

• godsnatas
    Options

Thanks for responding. I did delete everything and reinstall drivers a few months back but will try it again.

• godsnatas
    Options

its possible it doesn’t work but I still believe it has to do with a weird config issue.

• godsnatas
    Options

I’m very well aware about putting unit in MIDI mode. Im not a rookie at the unit. Issue I am having is in normal mode when you turn unit on, have MASCHINE software running, and load an expansion. Pads turn orange and sound comes out unit/DAW when hitting pads. but the only function button light that is ON is KEY MODE. All other lights are OFF. I can’t control any button, modify sound, create chords, or activate keyboard feature. I have a S88 keyboard and that works fine, I went to controller software and able to change templates and add new templates, so software works. But Like I said, it used to work and now it looks like the unit doesn’t have a template or config to control MASCHINE with computer. I’m able to load expansions from computer software but I can’t do anything from the hardware. Hope that makes sense.

• LostInFoundation
    edited August 2023
    Options

No…we didn’t consult with Steinberg…but maybe we should consult with you to subscribe to your courses… “How to give wrong answers” or the people’s favorite “How to not read what is written in a post, give anyway a wrong answer and tell others how wrong they are ” 😉

(Hope you will laugh too at this with me… and sorry for the joke…but you being so sure was good material for a little teasing ☺️)

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 642 Pro
    Options

this is not going to be of any help to your problem....

but i have had my maschine Jam controllers lock-up before & my midi-mode templates were wiped... and i realised what, caused it... it was a separate application calling to the maschine jam for access whilst operating in Maschine mode.

• LostInFoundation
    Options
  • darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 342 Guru
    Options

Are you connected directly to your computer or going through a usb hub? My M+ does weird things if I try to connect through one of my USB hubs. The pads work, but the rest is frozen. Works find when I'm connected directly.

My setup is kind of silly; so I don't think there's anything wrong with using a hub; but it's worth testing.

• godsnatas
    Options

Here is a video of the problem I am having.

• renzeveldhuizen
    renzeveldhuizen Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Hello, I just wanted to let you know I’m having similar issues. Recently got a maschine mk3 and I have some buttons not working. It’s the mute, solo, select, duplicate and variation. Also the mod en pitch buttons do not seem te work and when I click on performance Fx I can use the mute functionalities. Can this be due tot a recent update? I’m following this thread.

• 6xes
    edited August 2023
    Options

thats going to be a diifucult one to solve!!

if you are able to hook up your MK3 on a separate computer with the base maschine software installed... it will determine how far gone your controller is....

if it turns out the mk3 is working normally on a separate computer then all is not lost!

a hassle i know... but you need to have a definitive answer if you have a driver/software issue or a hardware issue

cross your fingers!!

• 6xes
    edited August 2023
    Options

there was 2 things i picked up watching the video... and i wonder if they caused your issue to come about?

i noticed you had no power cord plugged in to your Mk3... now while i understand the mk3 will operate without power... there is a reason why they put a power socket on that model, which i will not go into..

secondly and this is a assumption on my part... the USB cord had what looked like tape around the top part of the connector... it makes me wonder if you have had issues with that particular USB cord in the past?? disconnection issues etc?

i know what i've mentioned here is not going to be helpful to your MK3 but it is something Mk3 users should be aware of...

i dont personally own a Mk3 rather i own a handful of secondhand Mk1's & mk2's... which are strictly usb powered