Slot 1 Cell 1 Trigger MIDI mapping works only first time

Options
UniFly
UniFly Member Posts: 4 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

hi,

Sorry, if post is repeated, just haven't had enough luck to find a solution by using search.

----

I added Slot 1 Cell 1 Trigger MIDI mapping. When I press the button on MIDI controller, it plays sound. When I press the button again, it doesn't play any longer.

Is it expected behaviour? Am I missing something? Is "Slot 1 Cell 1 Trigger" sufficient or something more needed in mapping section?

I'm able to trigger cell with mouse, but not MIDI controller anymore.

I have to load sound again to be able to play it once. Which is not what I wanted. It should be playable as many times as needed.

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,731 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

I see, thank you for providing the TSI file.

Cell Triggers are assigned to the CC message though, are you sure this is mapped to buttons on the K2 (those are Note messages not CC)

Currently it sounds like you are triggering the "CC On" message (value=127) which triggers the sample but it is not followed by the "CC Off" message (value=0) so Traktor thinks that you are still holding the button down.

Answers

• Stevan
    Options

It currently sounds like you have a slot state modifier assigned to your "Cell Trigger" command.

Always a good idea to post your TSI to investigate it.

• UniFly
    Options

I've attached the mapping. I can't find exactly "Cell Trigger", but in short, there are no modifiers related to Remix Decks.

By default, I should be able to play the sound as many times as needed, right? My issue looks more like misconfiguration or software/OS error?

Do you know which control name I should choose to attempt to change cell or slot state with keyboard, MIDI controller or even mouse? If I can fix this issue temporary, then I will know more that it is really state related.

Thanks

• Stevan
    Answer ✓
    Options

I see, thank you for providing the TSI file.

Cell Triggers are assigned to the CC message though, are you sure this is mapped to buttons on the K2 (those are Note messages not CC)

Currently it sounds like you are triggering the "CC On" message (value=127) which triggers the sample but it is not followed by the "CC Off" message (value=0) so Traktor thinks that you are still holding the button down.

• UniFly
    Options

Wow. That rings a bell. I'm not at MIDI controllers now, but the behaviour I had would be explained because CC possibly holds it until I restart a Traktor.

As I'm using Stream Deck for Remix Deck, it can easily generate Note instead of CC events on same buttons. I will attemt to switch to Note and report if issue is fixed. Thank you so much.

• Stevan
    Options

You are welcome! I don't have a Stream Deck to test things here,what type of interaction modes are available (toggle, hold, trigger)?

What you are looking for is hold/momentary/gate message type. (Not toggle or direct or trigger type)

• UniFly
    Options

Note has been tested and it works! The issue was as you described, CC message with value 0 was not sent on release. So I just chose Note which works fine. To say thank you, I visited your page.

• Stevan
    Options

I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve it! Thank you as well.