What about Mapping the S11 ??

Comments

• WilliamThaKonqueror
    WilliamThaKonqueror Member Posts: 17 Member

I started to load it and this map is not working for me, however i'm running a S7,

The Mixer does run traktor but nothing else works, I'll continue working on this today and hopefully i'll have better luck in the next few days.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod
  • Stevan

Sorry to hear it doesn't work for S7. It is likely that the MIDI codes are made different than S11.

If you can provide a list of midi messages for S7 than I could remap my S11 mapping.

• Scratch-E Con
    Scratch-E Con Member Posts: 89 Advisor

If you name a specific pad or button that does not work then I may be able to help you to solve it yourself.

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 308 Pro

played the first night out with your mapping @Stevan - great job - thank you so much!

• Stevan

@Owner - Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad to hear that it is working well for you.

Two features that are still missing are SNAP and QUANT. Do you have any other features or ideas that you think would be good improvement?

• Owner

@Stevan you're welcome! it was really cool to use the mixer with more possibilities and it gave me a much better feeling in handling traktor than when i tried something with the mapping myself. it just makes everything much more intuitive and i have to think less while mixing - great!

yes, snap and quant would be cool features. but, I don't need them very often, except when I'm playing with a Z2. they were always so present there that i occasionally got the idea to try something out with them when mixing, or to use them purposefully.

I personally miss a simpler (more intuitive) sync button (master and possibly play, real and absolute mode buttons without using shift, would be also cool)

by the way, i left you a message on your traktormaps page. I would like to have a mapping for the S9 from you. I already have two others for this, but I think that you simply do the best.

please let me know if it would be possible to adapt your s11 mapping in a near field for the s9 and how much it would cost me.

• Stevan

@Owner Thank you I got your message. I agree, those transport and tempo controls should have been made more accessible but there are not as many available hardware buttons to have all those available in the mixer layout.

I built this mapping using my Maschine Jam btw, and I have a friend who helped me with testing. So yeah, this mapping could also look a little different if I had S11 available to test the unit properly and find all possibilities with screen messages.

• Owner

@Stevan Yes, I noticed the limitation too. As soon as I next have a chance to play on an S11, I'll think about it again and give you a suggestion or two.

I also think that the screen could be a good choice, especially for the sync function.

• Catarino
    Catarino Member Posts: 15 Member

This might be a stupid question but would i be able to swap between the s11 and my custom S4 mapping at will? Like if I usually dj with my S4 on fridays and then at a different spot that has a S11 on Saturdays?

• Owner

That's not a stupid question, it's all good. You can easily switch between the two mappings. But, just to be sure, you don't want to use your S4 and S11 at the same time?

• Catarino
    Catarino Member Posts: 15 Member

I don't think i would use both at the same time but if I needed to would i be able to? I Dj at a venue where they have a house S9 and a house S11 with cdjs 3000 but I always bring my S4 to dj. The other venue I dj at doesnt have a house set up so I have no choice but to use my S4.

• Owner
    edited September 2022

then i would recommend you to use the s11 and the cdj3000 in this location. you can use the cdjs as full advanced hid players with traktor. there is a knowledge article on how to do this. the s11 is a very good mixer with good converters. it sounds a lot better than the s9.

just ask if you can come earlier to this location and try everything out. take your s4 with you as a backup to be on the safe side. my question, whether you want to use both together, was more because of the selection of the sound card, not because of the mappings. you can only use one of the two.

regarding the mappings, you can basically use both at the same time without any problems. I only had problems with the machine and my x1 together, but it was because of the in and out ports and not because it wouldn't work otherwise.

and, by the way, as mentioned before in this thread: the the s11 mapping from @Stevan ist near perfect. just give it a try.

here is the link for this knowledge article:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/de/articles/209590349-Konfiguration-von-Pioneer-Geräten-mit-Advanced-HID-Control-für-die-Nutzung-mit-TRAKTOR

• Nobbi
    Nobbi Member Posts: 36 Member

@Stevan ist there any update on Mapping the S11, perhaps waveforms in the Display 😍