How to setup Maschine Mk3 in Midi Mode with Pro Tools?

Options
SmartyMart
SmartyMart Member Posts: 4 Member
edited July 2023 in Maschine

Hi there,

having trouble to Midi record what I play on the Maschine pads in Pro Tools. When I switch to Midi Mode there is no sound on the pads.

I´m using Pro Tools 2021.12 on a Mac Pro from 2013 under HiSierra. For that system NI recommended the 2.14.5 Maschine software.

Having the Maschine plugin in a ProTools instrument track, can play it, but not record. I tried all possible midi settings (drum mode, manual, host etc....) nothing works. Intersting that I can record machine sounds with my normal midi masterkeyboard, so in general there is a midi flow. Must something inside Maschine,

have I overseen any hidden or basic Midi parameters - or is this Midi workflow simply not possible in OSX 10.13?

Info would be great - I would have to return the unit if it wont work properly... Many thanks in advance, Martin

Best Answer

• SmartyMart
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks Uwe. No, the problem was the octave. When I switched in Midi Mode to Bank Button D it was the right octave. Strange, as before in the low octave not even a low note was recorded at all... Anyway, problem solved after 24 hours of intensive searching...thats not "plug and play" :-)

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,076 mod
    Options

Hello,

ave you setup maschine as midi device in pro tools, like you have setup your keyboard. Then it should work with maschine in midi mode.

• SmartyMart
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks Uwe. No, the problem was the octave. When I switched in Midi Mode to Bank Button D it was the right octave. Strange, as before in the low octave not even a low note was recorded at all... Anyway, problem solved after 24 hours of intensive searching...thats not "plug and play" :-)