Mk2 Demo

Options
Ameer Clark
Ameer Clark Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hello, long time Native Instrument user but new to the community. I have a lot of questions stemming from my inability to restore my MK2 after a botched attempt to use it from an external hard drive in order to save space on my MacBook. First question is are the maschine MK2 and the maschine 2 the same thing? Second question is why is it that The Native Instruments website is displaying both my MK2 and komplete serial numbers under registered products but when I add them to Native access It says successfully added but doesn’t display as an installed product therefore I can’t download them. I am running macOS Monterey version 12.6.7, i’ve tried multiple different versions of Native access, am I missing some thing? Need help. Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,295 Expert
    edited July 2023
    Options

Maschine mk2 is the name of the hardware controller, while Maschine 2 is the name of the software.

Same thing is applying to the “problem” with the serials: if with Komplete you mean the hardware keyboard, it is normal that both (with the mk2) are appearing in the site (meaning the 2 hardwares are registered into your account) but they don’t appear in NA, which is managing only the softwares (being them hardwares, there is nothing you can “install” on the computer, exception made for the drivers, which are not in any case managed by NA).

What I see from your second screenshot is that you already have Maschine 2 installed, which is the software “part” of your Maschine ecosystem, so it is normal you don’t have anything called “Maschine MK2” to install, cause this is the hardware.

What i don’t see is Komplete Kontrol, which is a program (in any case free) that can manage the interaction between your Komplete Kontrol Keyboard and NI instruments “better” (if I presumed right that you own one), but that is not mandatory in any case. If you want it, you can find it for free in NI website, if it is not already in your account

• Ameer Clark
    Ameer Clark Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thank you "LostinFoundation" cool name! I see i can’t click both like and insightful in response. My only Komplete product is the instillation disc from my original purchase which I believe is what pertains to the serial number. I ask about the tittle because my attempt to download Maschine from the web only found Maschine2 and when doing so it only plays as demo and even when I did download the NA that responded to the activate command it only registered it as demo which led me to consider that maybe this wasn’t a match with my purchase. So my main problem is that I’ve been unsuccessful with downloading and activating my original purchase. I’ve been at this for three days after giving up hope for three years. I’m reading that I can restore my purchase with the serial number through NA but it’s hard work apparently. I’m gonna keep trying by the numbers until I can use my Maschine again.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,295 Expert
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Oh, ok. So if Komplete is for the softwares bundle received with the Maschine (Komplete Elements), it is correct anyway: once you register the bundle serial, all the instruments composing it are added to NA, but there is not a voice for the Komplete bundle, since it isn’t something you can install (the single products are).

About Maschine 2 being in demo mode, this is a different problem. Since I see you own a Maschine MK2, the program has been added to your account, but NA has some problems lately. Maybe this article can be useful to solve it

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402377887121-My-Products-Are-Showing-As-DEMO-in-Native-Access

About the forum: yes, you cannot give a like AND an insightful to an answer. You can put a like or an insightful and mark the answers as accepted (the “Did this answer the question? Yes No” thing)