Maschine mk3 not recognized

Options
HHH.
HHH. Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi all,

Would greatly appreciate input on a problem with a Maschine mk3 which seems not to be unique, but I cannot resolve it with the fixes listed here or on other forums:

I recently bought a second hand Maschine mk3 and installed the Maschine software. However, when I start the Maschine it does not go past the display 'Production and Performance System' and therefore is not recognized by the Maschine software. Sometimes the leds of the Maschine will be back lit, sometimes they won't. I have tried it on a different laptop with a powered USB bus and then it does connect with the software. However, my main workstation is a Windows 11 desktop with all my production software. The audio drivers are there and I can use the Maschine mk3 as an external sound card as it runs windows sounds through it.

I have tried the following:

• checked the firmware of the Maschine mk3, latest version is installed
  • Deinstalled and reinstalled drivers after full boot of my computer
  • ran to both the trouble shooting guides for NI hardware and 'MASCHINE controller is not being recognized in the MASCHINE software'
  • used different USB cables

Can this be a power issue? Should I try it with the external adapter (which I then need to buy)? Any help with this issue would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• HHH.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Issue has been resolved through NI support. I needed to run a tool to clear the registry for Maschine 2 and then needed to reinstall it. That worked.

A+ for NI Support!

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Options

The fact that on another computer it is working is a good sign, since it means the device itself isn’t broken.

From the support articles you are mentioning, it seems to me you didn’t find this one:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410102990097-My-MASCHINE-Controller-Does-Not-Start

It lists different solution for different cases. Sorry if it is one you already tried.

In any case, no, external power adapter should not be related (as you’ve seen on the other computer, Maschine works also without it). Eventually it could be some settings of the computer USB ports not sending enough power/having a “usb ports sleep mode” enabled

• HHH.
    Options

Thanks for your quick response! I did indeed try this support article as well, no luck...

I will look into the settings of my USB ports and the power management. Thanks for the suggestion!

• HHH.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Issue has been resolved through NI support. I needed to run a tool to clear the registry for Maschine 2 and then needed to reinstall it. That worked.

A+ for NI Support!

• JazzJohn
    JazzJohn Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

HHH, What is the tool NI gave you for clearing the Machine 2 registry? Thanks!