Cannot activate Komplete Hardware/Software Bundle

Options
2»

Answers

• Titus
    Titus Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

I’m honestly not sure what the M32 Collection is. This is one of the parts of the article that I don’t fully understand. Is there something else that’s needed? I thought the 32 + Komplete Standard bundle would be “self-sufficient”.

• Titus
    Options

I just checked on the web page for the bundle and it says:

Note that the hardware portion of this bundle qualifies you for the included upgrade(s): You do not need to own any other Native Instruments products to take advantage of this offer.

So I really don’t understand what it is that I am missing.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,263 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

The 32 + Komplete Standard bundle could still be “self-sufficient” , in the sense that when registering the hardware you would get Komplete Select added to your account for free and then after that (when HW registered and Select earned AND registered !) then you can activate the 'upgrade to Standard'..

Meaning the Komplete Standard is not a standalone version but an upgrade version , upgrade to Komplete Select , so that you can not afterwards sell the Select version without loosing access to the Standard version , whick IMO makes perfect sense seen from N.I. perspective anyway !

P.S.

I don't know if the M32 used to come with something basic software called the KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 Collection or if it still do , but at present then it says that what what you get with M32 is Komplete Select !

And at present it says that included products are :

PRODUCT INCLUDES

Keyboard, USB cable.

The KOMPLETE KONTROL software, a collection of KOMPLETE instruments and effects, MASCHINE Essentials, plus Ableton Live 11 Lite – provided as downloads after hardware registration.

Setup Guide and documentation supplied as downloads.

Ref. :

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keyboards/komplete-kontrol-m32/specifications/

• Titus
    Options

This is indeed what’s already happened. I have two unregistered keys in my account; one for the Select version, one for the Standard Upgrade. And I do agree that it makes sense for them that way. But I am unable to register either, as I’m missing the base product for both.

And I’m guessing the base product is the hardware key. Which then makes me question the meaning of their claim that we didn’t have to wait for the hardware to arrive to use the software. Maybe they meant the ability to download and use them in demo mode, but that would be super misleading.

• PoorFellow
    edited June 2023
    Options

Completely agree with your reasoning.. If you have the Komplete Select serial and can not activate it in Native Access then it looks as if the hardware registration at present is a prerequisite for using the software...

P.S.

Make sure to be logged into Native Access with same email as used to buy the product !

Ref. :

or

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,309 Expert
    Options

Following the article, what they suggest is to install Monark that then will be the base product for everything else.

Do you have Monark available somewhere in your account or in NA?

• Titus
    Options

Yes, didn’t change a thing sadly. I tried with a few other Select plugins. None worked.

I’m still trying to figure out what that M32 Collection thing is supposed to be.

• PoorFellow
    edited June 2023
    Options

As you can see and deduce from the following page then the 'KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 Collection' is something that appears in account as a license item. And my guess still is that it is something that is either something added to account when registering the hardware and that the guides and explanations linked to by N.I. staff, with all due respect, still is just N.I. being confused about own products OR N.I. is confused all together and that you no longer gets the M32 Collection as now having been replaced by Select and that you just still need to register hardware.... (All of which of course can/could be changed at any time by N.I. soft and site makers by change the way stuff works to be in accordance with what they already wrote ) 😉 😎

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/12080/can-someone-help-me-with-my-license-transfer-asap

Then the following product page (KOMPLETE 14 SELECT - UPGRADE (From Collections)) suggests that the the 'KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 Collection' is an expression covering software given with the M32 prior to it starting to ship with the KOMPLETE 14 SELECT !?

https://www.promusicals.com/ni?product_id=1505&limit=75

It actually says about the product that :

This upgrade only works for users of KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 Collection, KOMPLETE AUDIO 1 & 2 Essentials Collection, KOMPLETE KONTROL A-SERIES & M32 Collection, MASCHINE MIKRO Mk3 Collection, KOMPLETE CLASSICS Collection, and KOMPLETE FUTURE CLASSICS Collection.

Funny thing is though that most internet pages for a similar upgrade do not even mention M32 Collection i found another that include mention of being also for M32 (This upgrade only works for users of KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 Collection, KOMPLETE AUDIO 1 & 2 Essentials Collection, KOMPLETE KONTROL A-SERIES & M32 Collection, MASCHINE MIKRO Mk3 Collection, KOMPLETE CLASSICS Collection, and KOMPLETE FUTURE CLASSICS Collection.) , while I found one saying the opposite "This does NOT work with M32, Komplete Audio 1 or Komplete Audio 2." , ref. :

https://www.altomusic.com/native-instruments-komplete-14-select-upgrade-for-collections-28707#child_index=1612

And :

https://www.thediscdjstore.com/komplete-14-select-upgrade.html

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,947 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Titus It seems the issue was fixed by my colleagues, there was probably a glitch in your case.