Reaktor doesn't make sounds when I press keys or pads on my Novation Launchkey mk3 49 Midi Keyboard

Options
Popproxxx
Popproxxx Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

I must be missing something but, I got my MacBook ro 2019 running ventura 13.3.1 with a persons audiobox usb 96 with ark rokit 5's with a Novation Launchkey 49 MK3 as well as Roli Seablock keyboard connected via usb. Ive tried it both as a plug in in logic pro and standalone and no sound emits. all my other non Native instruments plug ins work. i gave full disk access to NI. I turned on everything in midi input and output settings for Reaktor. it seems to recognize there is a midi controller, because there is a blip next to "midi" in the right top corner right above "OSC" and to the left of the instrument on/off button. When ever i press a key, just no sound, tried changing presets, nothing. My interface is on and working with everything else, mixer and Main input knobs balanced out. I just don't know what the deal is. I don't know what is up, Please Help!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,379 mod
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Most probably, especially if you tried it with many different Reaktor ensembles, it is because of a wrong MIDI number. You Novation transmits to a different MIDI channel. So, check your settings and if this is the case, use channel 1 (or "omni", or "all").

Most Reaktor instruments always work on MIDI channel 1 only, unless if you edit it and change it.

Ah, not to forget this! On many Reaktor instruments you need to click "Play" in order to hear a sound, because they are sequencers or grooveboxes etc.

• Popproxxx
    Options

Where is play? For example in Lazerbass and I don’t know what you mean about the wrong MIDI number. Where do I find these settings? Most plug ins all you have to do is bring them up in instrument and they play and work just fine. I’m not sure why Native Instruments made it this difficult! It takes time out of production trying to figure out how to even play the plug in I paid a bunch of money for.

• Popproxxx
    Options

It says it’s on channel one. I don’t see Omni anywhere

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

Set the mouse arrow on channel 1 and move the mouse down if you are own the full Reaktor version.

It don't works with Reaktor Player. It's the tab Connection in Preferences.

Where is play?

If you're in a daw, please use the transport of the daw. Play is in standalone I mostly use.

Play is the MIDI clock.

• Sunborn
    Options

Do as Paule suggested in the above comment.

About Reaktor: It was never meant to be "easy", it is actually made mostly for professionals and for hobbyists who like to create their own instruments.

What do you mean "you don't know where is play"? Maybe its a good idea before you use such kind of advanced instruments to have an idea about Midi and other basic functions of the audio world or, at least to read the manual.

• Paule
    Options

Sunborn, we write in Reaktor speech he not.

• Sunborn
    Options

Indeed! I saw he did a second post for the same "problem", which is not a problem since he obviously has the Reaktor Player and not the Full Reaktor. And that's ok, at least for new people, it understandable, we all did mistakes while learning (and we still do! :-) ). But what i really can not understand is, why they don't read the manual first!!!

• Paule
    edited June 2023
    Options

As I got my upgrade in 2005 to Reaktor 5, I came from R4 Session, have to read the print manual twice to understand nothing. Then it was the time to use and understand the instruments.

why they don't read the manual first

It's easier to ask us?

• Popproxxx
    edited June 2023
    Options

I do know what MIDI is, but what does that have to do with anything? I said I didn’t see where the play button is. Yes I do have Reaktor player, but I read that you can save settings and play sounds, you just can’t alter the internal structure and the settings are saved in the Host project when using Reaktor player as a plug in. I don’t have any other problems with other plug ins. You load them as an instrument plug in on a track in your DAW and they automatically interface with my keyboard for the most part. Even trial players play a sound, you just don’t have access to any parameters and can’t save settings or play after 30 minutes. For some reason my Reaktor player is missing the Edit Button next to the bold magnifying glass at the top. Which is what it says to press in order to change the midi channel settings. This button here, that I have circled from the manual page, is missing on my Reaktor Player. There is no Edit button there. So I can’t change the MIDI channel settings, with out this button. I am not sure why it is not there. It just isn’t. I’ve tried getting support, but NI is consumed with support inquiries because of Summer of music sale. So I came here to see if someone knew something or if someone else has had the same problem and if so, possible options to fix it. Yes I am still learning. I just completed my Intro to Music Technology class 161 at LACC. So I still have 3 workshops on synthesis and 1 in recording with pro tools. The reason I posted something close to the same message, is because I am anxious to figure this out, so I can get to making music with the plug in I purchased.

• Paule
    edited June 2023
    Options

That's all. The last point is new but in demo mode the Edit Button is always greyed out.

Let me search in the Produkt description. I never had a Player, always the full version since 2004.

FAQ Player and Reaktor full version

I will contact an admin, okay? The pm is send out!

• Paule
    edited June 2023
    Options

kaiwan answered our question about the last point in the Comparison chart:

I've passed on your feedback about the comparison chart to the team, thanks!

But during Summer of Sound we've to wait that someone have space to change the wrong entry. Okay?