Third-party VSTs not loading via NKS

Options
altron
altron Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited June 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi, I'm trying to use some third-party VSTs that come with NKS patches with a Maschine MK3 but when I try to load the VST via the NKS patch it shows an error:

XXX could not be loaded, e.g.:

A few notes:

• This only happens with NKS patches that come shipped with their VST. In my case Arturia synths and Waldorf PPG.
  • It works fine with NKS patches that I installed manually for some other VSTs in the User data.
  • The VSTs for the failing NKS patches load in successfully on their own in Maschine if I chose so.
  • This is on Windows 10.
  • Install paths are all as per default:
  • Default db and image files: C:\Users\Public\Documents\NI Resources
  • User patches: C:\Users\[user]\Documents\Native Instruments\User Content
  • The patches for VST-shipped NKS files are under C:\ProgramData\, e.g. C:\ProgramData\Arturia
  • I re-scanned all library folders in Maschine software.

Does anyone have any idea why these NKS patches don't find their VST plugin?

Best Answer

• altron
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

For VST3.

To check this I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest PPG Wave again. Now Maschine doesn't even list the PPG anymore even though the database, image, and preset files are in their default location. I'm confused now.

EDIT: Now that you mention it though ... when I install only the VST3 PPG Wave, does it install NKS patches for the VST2 version? Then it would make sense that it fails.

EDIT2: Ok I found this: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=589281&start=45

So all Arturial NKS patches are still only for the VST2 versions. Since I did not install VST2 plugins it makes total sense that these fail. Same with the PPG.

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,747 mod
    Options

Are the NKS for VST2 or VST3 versions?

• altron
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

For VST3.

To check this I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest PPG Wave again. Now Maschine doesn't even list the PPG anymore even though the database, image, and preset files are in their default location. I'm confused now.

EDIT: Now that you mention it though ... when I install only the VST3 PPG Wave, does it install NKS patches for the VST2 version? Then it would make sense that it fails.

EDIT2: Ok I found this: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=589281&start=45

So all Arturial NKS patches are still only for the VST2 versions. Since I did not install VST2 plugins it makes total sense that these fail. Same with the PPG.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,747 mod
    Options

I'm on Mac and we are stuck with VST3 now in M1 native mode so I don't install VST2 if I can help it so I know the Arturia NKS work with the VST3 fine (as long as uptodate) but I'm not sure if it is the same for Windows or not. Might be worth asking Arturia but I do think that is a possibility, or at least you need the latest versions if you are not running them

Waldorf are still VST2 only for NKS definately