Different Skins for Traktor 3

Options
partofthepuzzle
partofthepuzzle Member Posts: 18 Member

Hi,

I'm in the process of upgrading/converting from Traktor Pro 2 to Traktor 3. I'm finding the dark look and feel of Traktor 3 very difficult.

Although I should add that I find the overall UI of Traktor 3 to be very cluttered compared to Traktor 2, the biggest problem for me is the grey fonts, compared to the white fonts of Traktor 2.

Is there any way to change that? Are there any other skins, etc. for Traktor 3?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,360 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Nope, there are no skins for Traktor, unfortunately and there is no easy way to change font colors (or any colors). The only possible way (if you are extremely skillful and know what to do) is to "edit" the .exe with a resource editor program. However on next update you will loose any customization.

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,360 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Nope, there are no skins for Traktor, unfortunately and there is no easy way to change font colors (or any colors). The only possible way (if you are extremely skillful and know what to do) is to "edit" the .exe with a resource editor program. However on next update you will loose any customization.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,372 Expert
    Options

I know the colors are different, but what do you mean by cluttered? Are all the buttons not more or less at the same place?

I think @wayfinder has a program to make traktor into a light skin. It does some "smart" inversion of the colors.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 586 Pro
    Options

I put in a recent request. My last request on the old forum for key color actually made it after a few years lol. Take a look and up vote it.

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/12366/traktor-ui-options#latest

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 586 Pro
    Options

I think there needs to be a better boarder around each deck. And maybe even a customizable UI much like Streamlabs OBS would be awesome.

But it is probably a long way off and some other features and fixes are much needed. Although the UI needs to fit the updated features as well. Things like the browser and adding Stem Separation might need a different look.

• djxirex
    djxirex Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I hope a day mode gets added soon.

In India we have certain wedding occasions that happen in broad day light and using Traktor for those becomes extremely difficult. Having an organised library helps but when it comes to searching for song requests. It's very difficult.

• George Espinosa
    George Espinosa Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Yes, "day mode" is much needed out here in California... lots of outdoor/sunny events and I can barely see the screen. If the event has no cover, I can't even use Traktor. I have to export my playlists and create Rekordbox USB's (and use my old Rekordbox controller and laptop).

• partofthepuzzle
    Options

Hmm...thanks for the heads up. I have my first outdoor gig with Traktor 3 coming up in a couple of weeks. They have a cover and there's shade for DJ booth. My laptop has an OLED screen that gets very bright, so hopefully I'll be OK.

To your point: if the Traktor UI has been well designed, it should be feasible for the them to have options available to change the colors or at least have a daytime mode.

• Marucs Dahlqvist
    Marucs Dahlqvist Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Daytime color would be nice. Had big problems seeing the screen yesterday. A sunny evening in Norway

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,372 Expert
    Options

For a light Traktor skin on windows, you could use the smart inversion mode from the program negativescreen https://zerowidthjoiner.net/negativescreen

• Dj Davidoff
    Dj Davidoff Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Go to the Accessibility settings on your computer, press the Windows logo key+U or select Start > Settings > Accessibility.

Select Color filters.

Turn on the Color filters switch.

Select Inverted.

Or if you put the hotkey function for Color filters on; Win + Ctrl + C

• michele giocondo
    michele giocondo Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Really great solution. 😀

• partofthepuzzle
    Options

Yes, the Windows Accessibility option work great. Thanks!