Native Instruments new brand identity

Options

Comments

• nico5
    nico5 Member Posts: 49 Helper
    Options

The trick is to buy NI controllers used. That’s how I ended up with my current collection.

So currently on my desk are a Maschine Mk2, a Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk2, a Maschine Jam, and a Traktor X1 Mk1.

And I’m using them pretty much as straight MIDI controllers with Cubase.

They aren’t perfect, but on balance pretty strong compared to most controllers I’ve tried.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

@LostInFoundation asked:

Now WE ask YOU what do you think. Will the opinion of the people who has to use these programs matter something or not? You asked us to have a feedback for a reason or the dice are already rolled and nothing will change?

You know the answer to that question. Asking "what you think" doesn't mean that if the answer isn't positive that they will instead take it back... or that it matters. If user's opinion barely matters for actual products why would it matter for something far less important like logos?

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    Options

Is this going to be a "never ending saga"?

What are you talking about? Case is closed, the new design is here already, your opinion obviously does not matter, so what is the point of still commenting on a dead case?

If your goal was to fill up our mail box with notifications, on a matter that is totally out of our interest but just made the tragic mistake to comment once, weeks ago, then, congrats, well done! 😁😛

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro
    Options

New brand identity for new market target.

Old target dislike~ing it maybe could mean “success” for “new brand”.

Some users read “ai” in the new logo and think “artificial intelligence” but another option could be “augmented instruments” poiting metaverse and so…

who knows…

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 430 Pro
    Options

I hadn't realized the icons are replaced with generic letters yet, wasn't at my computer for a few days.

But that is totally in line with the graphic design choices on this forum. Generic blobs obfuscating what they symbolize and wasting vast amounts of screen real estate. When I complained about how this is making navigation in these forums a PITA, @Kaiwan_NI said something to the effect that those were an intermediate solution, iirc. Well, that was weeks ago and now the desktop icons look all the same...wow

I once had graphics software which did away with the colorful icons representing their tools in favour of slick uniform grey buttons (like PS had at the time). Yes, I understand, that a uniform grey surface might look like a sports car when you squint your eyes, but colour is important and I just realized I don't feel like explaining s4!t like that anymore to people who either don't care or can't do anything about it

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 30 Helper
    Options

Suspect this change comes ahead of the planned release of new hardware.

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 254 Pro
    Options

Like new branding, but forum has css menu blinking error with ipad in portrait mode

• Thales de Paula
    Thales de Paula Member Posts: 83 Helper
    Options

wow nice chance!

• mrgum6y
    mrgum6y Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I always wanted a different logos on all my hardware to my software.

Hope this has pushed existing stock up in value.

• Lionberg
    Lionberg Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

In short -- you need to work more on it.

1. What is the idea behind "R"? ****** "P" latter, or what? :) Just make a normal R.
    2. The text fills like cropped from bottom.
    3. The ending logo "1/2N+i" does not look "creative", if I can say so. It is different font, and to many corners. Maybe like this? (Sorry, it is just a mockup to get the idea).

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

@Lionberg Yes, this is better, as N also makes "sine" wave. It signifies sound, the main field of work of NI.

Just, I would skip the dot. Why to stick to NI, N is just fine, IMHO. In this case.... If one would insist on NI, I would remove the dot and made small slot above turning to create short I. It would be sort of fused N and I making sort of sine wave.

Company (developing SW for electroenegry industry), I used to own, has N as wave. Customers did like it.

• knarrrz
    knarrrz Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Fully agreed, thousands of birthday cards can't be wrong!

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro
    Options

Now we know this topic wasn’t just about the icons and typo…