Crash when opening projects with Komplete Kontrol in Sampler mode

Answers

• moai
    moai Member Posts: 28 Member

Thanks for your insights, are you able to try it in another DAW? I used the trial for FL Studio and I found it has the same problem.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,688 mod

@moai Sorry, I stumbled upon your post only now. I don't have the same setup and could not reproduce the issue. One of my colleagues should get back to you soon. Can you tell us which graphic card you have on your computers?

• Jeremy_NI
    edited May 2023

Hey @LostInFoundation FYI The sampler module in Komplete Kontrol is not handled by Kontakt, it's really a feature of the Komplete Kontrol plug-in and has nothing to do with Kontakt, it's not like the libraries.

• Jeremy_NI

@Budyeti Can you tell us what's your setup, operating system, graphic card, etc...?

• moai
    edited May 2023

Laptop setup:

• CPU: i7 1260P
    • GPU: Intel Iris Xe Graphics, no graphics-related software installed
    • Screen: Laptop's screen 1920x1200px
    • RAM: 16GB
    • Main drive: 500GB SAMSUNG PM9A1 M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4
    • KK installed with NI Access 2, sample libraries installed to an external drive (Letter D:)
    • External devices: Bluetooth mouse and keyboard (without USB plug), SanDisk Pendrive (Letter D:), Headphones connected via USB.
    • Tested on: Studio One 6.1, latest FL Studio trial version

Desktop setup:

• CPU: Ryzen 5900X
    • GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 KO Ultra, GeForce Experience and MSI Afterburner installed
    • Screen: DisplayPort screen 2560x1440px
    • RAM: 4x8GB
    • Main drive: 1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4
    • KK installed with NI Access 2, sample libraries installed to an internal drive (Letter D:)
    • External devices: Bluetooth mouse (without USB plug), USB hub with: Audient id4, Komplete Kontrol A61, wired keyboard
    • Tested on: Studio One 6.1, latest FL Studio trial version

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,284 Expert

Yes, I was referring only to the new video moai posted with Straylight.

Thank you anyway for the info 👍🏼

• elthecrafta
    elthecrafta Member Posts: 4 Member

I have the same Problem and I use the new RTX 4070. It's really sad because I really liked the Sampler Mode. Alternatives aren't as good as KK. Hope this Problem gets fixed.

• CTWF
    CTWF Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited May 2023

I seem to have a similar problem. I use Cakewalk by Bandlab with Windows 10. Choosing a sample, such as a kick drum, with Komplete Kontrol works when first done. However, if I open KK (e.g. to change something about the sample), it opens and shows only a small rectangular part normally in the upper left corner, while the rest of the KK window is a white blank. Shortly afterwards, Cakewalk crashes.

To make it clear: The first time I add KK (with a sample) as a new soft synth, everything works fine, and the synth will continue to work within the project. The problem is that no changes are possible after that, because opening it will crash my DAW. So, the only workaround is to delete the synth (KK) and insert it again every time a change is necessary.

• moai

Thanks for posting similar problems, I've been able to reproduce the issue on a fresh Windows 11 virtual machine and I've reported it to the NI support team, I hope we'll get a fix soon :)

• elthecrafta

I reported that to the NI Team as well, but I aint got a reply tho. I sent them the Specs of my PC but unfortunately, no answer.

• elthecrafta

They sent me an Email now, so I revise my Post. They say they have a lot to do so they can't answer fast.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Hey all, the bug has been filed: KBDSW-7402 It is now in the hands of the developers.

• moai
  • elthecrafta

Finally! Thank you for reporting!

• BNMP
    BNMP Member Posts: 8 Member

Thank you for this!!

I recently tried to see if I could fix it by getting a brand new hard drive and installing windows 11, upgrading from windows 10 and reinstalling everything in my native access and the problem still unfortunately persists