Traktor Pro 3 and Windows 11 compatibility?

Options
124»

Comments

• MimosaPapi
    MimosaPapi Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I'm also experiencing the same issue as well, I've tried most of the troubleshooting you did except installing Windows 10. Are you still using that Windows 11 beta version? What build is it by the way?

• djspiros2012
    djspiros2012 Member Posts: 42 Helper
    Options

No my friend. I'm using Windows 10 Pro latest build without any issue. All working perfect. I made in my laptop a multiboot system with Windows 10 Pro and Windows 11 Pro. Windows 10 Pro tweaked for Traktor use only and Windows 11 Pro for all the rest. Dont bother to work Traktor with Windows 11. something is not working right so if you want a stable system to play use only Windows 10. Be well my friend.

• MimosaPapi
    MimosaPapi Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks, I'll see about installing Windows 10 Pro on my system.

• BlueRoot
    BlueRoot Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Thank you all so much for your input here. I've been troubleshooting this same issue on the ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 with Windows 11 Home installed. I just came across this thread and relieved to find out that there is a solution (using Windows 10). This is unfortunate but overall good if don't have to replace hardware. Very much appreciative of the thread! Thank you djspiros2012 for intitiating the conversation.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 590 Pro
    Options

I have that same PC. Mine is a 2021 model, I have no issues and have Windows 11 running just fine. You should not need to step down to Windows 10.

What controller are you using? Take a screenshot of your audio preferences in Traktor. So I can see what driver and bitrate.

Also are your streaming tracks with Beatport Link? Or Beatsource?

Are you doing anything with your tracks, like mp3 normalizing or optimization software?

I am sure there's a solution other than Windows 10. I have been able to get by almost every issue on Windows for a decade.

• Xluic
    Xluic Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I use a Asus vivobook Pro, with win 11, without problem of latency, in Traktor use 96Khz 256 samples, in Asio settings 256 and 3ms USB, all audio enhancements in windows config deactivate, check usb drivers, and update usb hub win drivers. Good luck.

• zephry
    Options

Traktor recommends using the same bitrate as your computer soundcard. Which is either 44khz or 48khz.

Is there a certain reason you select 96khz?

• Xluic
    Xluic Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Yes, I know, but I can ear a litle best quality in sound, I always haved at 48khz, is possible only subjective for me, but work. In Asio4all same config, but 192 samples. But the quality of music, need to be high.

PD: i play violin, acoustic and electric, if possible my ears are excessive sensitive for the sound, I don't know if good or not, different.

• zephry
    Options

Yes the quality would need to be lossless and recorded at that bitrate. It is good you understand that. Many people think the quality will change by selecting a higher bitrate and still use tracks that are lossey mp3.

• Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 125 Helper
    edited October 2023
    Options

If you're playing songs sampled with a sample rate of 44/48kHz with a new playback sample rate of 96kHz, you are not getting higher quality sound.

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 202 Advisor
    Options

There’s a handful of known issues with audio drivers on 22H2 with laptops with Nvidia 30/40 series GPU’s.

you can try unplugging your interface, going into device manager, show hidden devices, uninstall all drivers for the interface/controller, restart, reinstall drivers, connect interface, ensure the interface is not selected as an audio device in sound settings for windows, then open Traktor and see if you are still having audio or usb dropouts.

• Machado
    Machado Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I had the same audio stuttering problem when using Windows 11 and Traktor S4 MK1 on my Dell G15 5510.

I managed to temporarily resolve it by disabling the integrated graphics card (Intel UHD Graphics) in the device manager.

PS: Latency alerts on LatencyMon have even disappeared.