NIPatcher - Tool to modify Maschine (MacOS)

Comments

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 630 Pro
    edited April 2023

@D-One

I was testing with reaper for the plugins

just so we are clear... i never transferred any of the plugins into the folders after patching,,,

instead i added a path inside of Reaper to point to the plugins folder on the desktop, that way im making no changes to my original files?? at least thats how im thinking in terms of the patched files that remain within the NIpatcher folder

btw all other mods worked too in both plugin&standalone

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

According to my tests that will only work in Reaper + if the matches Reaper's order/rules about duplicate plugins... But will not allow both original and patched versions to work alongside each other, afaik...

But looking into this gave me an idea to change the way a DAW see's the name of the plugin, so users can have both originals and patched versions working on the DAW alongside each other, but this way older projects that have 'Maschine 2' plugs won't auto load the patched version so I am not sure if users would want this feature or not.

I could make it optional but am a little scared of making the patcher too complicated for the average person.

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 630 Pro

@D-One

when i mention i was using a patched version and a unpatched version...

this was using the VST3i (patched)

alongside the AUi version (unpatched)

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

Sorry for posting “nonsense’…

Probably I should answer all the companies who told me “we can’t help you cause you modified our program and so we are not responsible for anything that’s happening “ that it is “nonsense”.

In any case, just to let people know, I had a long private conversation with Matt and he was so kind to use some of his time to reassure me about many things.

How dumb he has been: he could spare his time and just tell me it was “nonsense”…

• D-One

Added a small video that shows howe to use the app, it's for KK but the process is the same.

Will add it to the OP and replace with a Maschine one when I record a new one.

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 403 Pro

@D-One Amazing work - I hope someone can port this to PC, because my 4K monitor is dying for this.

• D-One
    edited April 2023

Update: V1.1.1

• Added: Source Code to Github.
    • Added: Logo change for KK (so the user knows for sure if it's modded).
    • Added: Default window size when opening NIPatcher.
    • Fixed: Codesign not clearing the text window if used more than once.
    • Some more stuff I don't remember.

Thanks! Been learning a bit about cross-compatibility, I'll halt any progress for the Mac app and focus on that for a while, there's not a lot of feedback anyway for stopping to try this won't hurt. No promises as it would take some time and I'd need to waste an SSD to install Windows to test things :S but I'll try.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

It’s working for KK now too?

• D-One
    edited April 2023

Yes, I made another thread to keep things cleaner but like an idiot I just realized now I put it in the Komplete forum instead of Komplete Kontrol. 😂 Thanks for asking as it made me realize it.

I moved it:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/11847/nipatcher-tool-to-modify-komplete-kontrol-macos#latest

Let me know what you think, would love to hear opinions from power users!

• Kymeia

Thanks - would it be possible to make it unlock the ability to give banks names (the field that is greyed out in the edit menu)?

• D-One
    edited April 2023

That kind of stuff is usually in the compiled binary which altho is possible to edit should be much harder than GUI and HW scripts. I can have a look and try to find out tho..

Does it take some kind of special preset to show 'Bank' tho? I don't see it.

• Kymeia

It's in the edit menu (at bottom)

• Kymeia

Sorry but where do I find the app? I tried go to file but there's a load of files there and ZIP just dumps a load of files too but not sure how to open this? Github is always confusing to navigate

• D-One

Releases>Latest. The zip, should only have the .app, are you getting more files when you extract it?

https://github.com/d1One/NIPatcher/releases/tag/Latest

• Kymeia

Thanks got it now