TouchOSC Template for TRAKTOR PRO 3 [PROJECT]

Options

Comments

• RaHulk DJ
    RaHulk DJ Member Posts: 63 Helper
    Options

Hello

I am not forgetting the project, I almost have an Alpha version that allows you to start testing it, give your opinion, criticize and suggest changes.

I leave you some screenshots so you can see the work involved in creating a template only with LOCAL and MIDI messages. It would have been faster and easier using LUA, but that would have left a lot of people with trouble modifying it, I understand using scripts you have to like it, otherwise it's hell.

I reiterate my apologies for the delay and I hope you understand that for one person it is a very complicated job.

• RaHulk DJ
    Options

Hello.

What is visible is already mapped. Do you want to try it?

• It only works on the new version of TouchOSC.
    • You have to change the .xml extension to .tosc.
    • VERY IMPORTANT TO EXPORT YOUR CONFIGURATION.
    • You have to import the Settings.tsi file, it doesn't work if you add it as Genernic MIDI.
    • Depending on the use, you have to change the inputs and outputs from TouchoSC to TouchOSC Bridge.

Known bugs:

• Small graphical bugs (in development).
    • The effects only work in direction TouchOSC--> TRAKTOR (under development).
    • X/Y I have to improve the answer (under development).
    • Some buttons need to be pressed twice (under development).

Next version:

• All PLAY, CUE, CUP, FLUX and REV buttons work.
    • The FADER will work.
    • LOOPS length will work.
    • And more.

Any opinion, criticism or suggestion will be well received, thank you.

• RaHulk DJ
    edited July 2023
    Options

I finally have the Alpha version.

Instructions for use:

• VERY IMPORTANT: Make a backup copy of your mapping and configuration.
    • It only works with the new version of TouchOSC, it doesn't work on TouchOSC Mk1.
    • Change .txt extension to tosc.
    • Import .tsi file into TRAKTOR.

Known bugs:

• Tempo Master does not work correctly (solving).
    • Some graphic errors, do not affect the use (solving).

Next update:

• Improved song position.
    • Jogs running (under construction).
    • Browser (under construction).
    • Hot cues (under construction).

• mookee
    mookee Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

hi.

sorry but for which device is that. smartphones are 16:9 or something..this is more like 4:3 ?/

• RaHulk DJ
    Options

It is created with an ipad 6 with a resolution of 1024x768, it has too many things to use it on a phone. You can change the measurements in the edit/Document panel, but I don't know what will happen, try to see what happens.

• RaHulk DJ
    Options

Hello

Finished the design of the hotcues and loops panel, they are hidden behind the xy pad, you can continue changing the effects with the new panel on the screen. I have not mapped it yet, if you have any suggestions now is the time to say them.

thank you.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Options

No…thank YOU for the work

• RaHulk DJ
    Options

Hello,

I am mapping the hot cues, but there is an option that I still don't know what it is for. What do these three dots do?

Thank you

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,689 mod
    Options
  • RaHulk DJ
    Options

But even if you select this option the cue continues to work

• RaHulk DJ
    edited August 2023
    Options

But even if you select this option the cue continues to work

Sorry, I don't know how I repeated the post.

• RaHulk DJ
    Options

Hello

The project is still going on, I'm having a hard time mapping the CUEs, but I'm continuing with it, sorry for the delay, I don't know if I'll be able to do it with only local messages and I'll have to use LUA scripts.

• flxfjs
    flxfjs Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Hi!

I did a custom modification of Andrew Norris's "Jog On 2" project to make it a 4-deck mixer (without the remix decks) and I took the opportunity to add the colours to the cues with a little Lua code. I haven't shared it yet (along with the traktor mapping file, I'm waiting to test it properly so that it's stable) but if you're interested I can send you the TOSC project so that you can have a look at it.

• RaHulk DJ
    Options

Thank you for your offer, but I try to do it without using LUA scripts, my intention is that anyone can modify it without needing knowledge of scripting or knowing OSC. I think I have already solved what was preventing me from moving forward.

• RaHulk DJ
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello

I have a problem that I don't know if it's that TRAKTOR works like this or if I have something configured.

Whenever I select a HOTCUE, even using the selection arrows or the list of names, for example to delete it, TRAKTOR jumps to that HOTCUE, this way I can't delete them or change their type without jumping to the designated HOTCUE.

Is this how TRAKTOR works or am I doing something wrong.

Thank you.