Moog Dfam sequence error

Alduin
Alduin Member Posts: 4 Member

Good evening, let's see if anyone knows what's happening to me because I'm about to lose my mind, I have a moog dfam and when I synchronize it using (cv tools output clock) in ableton to (adv/clock) in dfam it synchronizes quite well, The problem is that the dfam sequencer doesn't move, it always plays the same step, I just bought the komplete audio 6 mk2 and the sequencer still doesn't move, I don't know what to do anymore and I've investigated by all means and nothing...

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Alduin
    Answer ✓

After trying another moog dfam from my partner, the conclusion is reached that the problem was from the dfam, it has already been returned and changed by another. The 6 mk2 audio interface perfectly supports the dfam clock and its coupled outputs also send effects like lfo, thank you all very much for your time, it's solved.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    edited February 2023

Hello,

Do you use out 3\4 or 1\2 if you use 3\4 you have to use the correct cable if i remember correctly, there was a little issue. And do you press pay\stop on the moog first?

• Alduin

I have tried on 3 and 4 with ts and trs cable and nothing makes the sequencer move, do you think that the cable you say could be jack l and r 6.3 to minijack? In the information I found, they always use a mono jack, that's why I use output 3 or 4 instead of 3/4.

• Alduin

and yes, I hit the play button and put step 8 in dfam before hitting play in ableton

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    edited February 2023

You should not use a mono jack on output 3/4 as far as I found out. It shortens ring and sleeve and the DC coupled out could be damaged so use trs. If the synth plays that one step i guess the voltage is enough, the interface has +/- 2 Volts, CV is normally 5 Vols but trigger works normally with 2 Volts. But if you pressed start, i don't know what could be wrong, dfam reacts to the signal, as you say, so i guess it's the dfam.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @Alduin I tested the KA6 mk2 in this configuration and could not make it work either. I tried with another audio interface that is fully DC coupled (UAD Apollo) and there it works.

The cv range on the outputs of the KA6 mk2 is limited to a -2v/+2v. I suspect that 2v is enough for a gate or trigger signal but is not enough for a cv clock signal. Did you buy the interface for this purpose only? Did you buy it from us directly?

• Alduin
    Answer ✓

After trying another moog dfam from my partner, the conclusion is reached that the problem was from the dfam, it has already been returned and changed by another. The 6 mk2 audio interface perfectly supports the dfam clock and its coupled outputs also send effects like lfo, thank you all very much for your time, it's solved.

• krbt
    krbt Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Yo! dude, imma go crazy too. I'm having the same issue and this is the only related problem I've found online. I'll take my DFAM back to the store this week and I hope it changes. I used at first a trs 1/4 to trs 3.5 mm and it didn't work then I used a ts 1/4 to ts 3.5mm but this showed up. The seq wasn't moving from the same step. So I was checking the Moog video about cv tools w/ DFAM and found out that I needed a 1/4 TRS to 3.5 mm TS (thinking this was the problem), so I went and trynna buy the cable but the didn't have it, so I bought a longer patch cable and a trs 3.5mm to trs 1/4 adapter, presuming it should worked. And when I came home the same problem happened again.