The Maschine 4 (Speculative) Thread

Comments

• Braz
    Braz Member Posts: 67 Advisor

Apart from VST3 support and some small maintenances that have leaked from NI in the Kontrol AMA, it's nearly impossible to guess what is really next.

I think that Maschine is selling quite well due to the high number of expansion releases.

Not sure about M+.

I don't see NI giving Maschine up, but I can see them not continuing on the standalone path.

Looking at Kontrol MK3, its a refinement of the current concept (better hardware, better NKS and better software)

What seems the most likely to me is a refresh of Maschine MK3 design (knobs, screen, perhaps more external midi capacities) and a slight refinement of Maschine software (general HUI, automation, pianoroll, clips could be improved) with possible integration of Izotope functionnalities

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,408 Expert

Oooh…I understood now “Audio” was an addition to the things listed before. I thought the list was over and audio was related to what you wrote before…got it now.

Yes…I don’t think anybody wants Audio Bluetooth, since in music production is a no no.

Even if…having it could be helpful in other ways, although it should be clear that it must not be used to perform. But you’re right…people not understanding it would complain

• LostInFoundation
    edited October 2023

While we are here…can someone explain me what we should do with VST3 in Maschine+?

Where would the difference be from what we have now?

Unless they want to add more instruments available in M+…

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yeah…I know…this was a good one 😏

I’m pulling my own legs

• tribepop
    tribepop Member Posts: 163 Pro
    edited October 2023

I didn’t realize previously that the Maschine software didn’t support aftertouch (I guess I never noticed it because I tend to use chopped up samples and external synths on the M+). This seems like low hanging fruit given that this technology has been available in synthesizers since the 1980s!

I’m assuming the next update to the software will be to add aftertouch functionality so that it can work with the latest keyboard controller, so does that mean that any controller capable of aftertouch will work in the software moving forward? I hope the same update is applied to the M+ software as well.

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 424 Pro

The new Keyboard controllers don't support Maschine, although they may possibly in the future.........

There is no shortage of low-hanging fruit with the Maschine software.....

• Braz
    Braz Member Posts: 67 Advisor

To me its to avoid working with VST2 plugins when you open on your computer a track made with the Maschine+

Or to be able to open on the Maschine+ a track made with your computer with VST3

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,649 Expert

@LostInFoundation asked

While we are here…can someone explain me what we should do with VST3 in Maschine+?

VST2 is EOL. All plugins must be replaced with VST3 versions, regardless of the platform.

• LostInFoundation

Ok. Thank you both

• GoliatGar
    GoliatGar Member Posts: 26 Member

Hopefully there is no new M+, current one is only 3 years-old and they didn’t squeeze all its capabilities.

MK4… well that’s another story, but the only real upgrade they can add there (as the current workflow is already amazing) is adding a touchscreen, which I don’t find that useful for the Maschine workflow.

• basehead617
    basehead617 Member Posts: 135 Advisor

I don't understand people buying hardware for what updates will come to it years later..

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 219 Pro

About BT Audio. Check AiAiAi Unit-4 Speakers. I think latency is about 16ms or so.

https://aiaiai.audio/unit-4-wireless-plus

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 3,009 Expert

16 ms is pretty much, if you add it to other latencies in the chain.... It is true particulary for M+ which has rather weak CPU and one may need use big audio buffer to avoid glitches...

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,255 mod

I reckon M+ buffer should be around 128, same latency as the average low budget interface.

16ms is not too shabby, but it’s with “W+ Link” which seems to require a transmitter, I was expecting it to be expensive but it’s only 60$. I guess it’s a solution similar to stage wireless microphones, wireless but not really BT Audio.

BT Audio according to their marketing is around 250ms, that’s crazy high for a device like a M+ to feel responsive.

• LostInFoundation
    edited October 2023

AiAiAi (even the headphones) use a different method to achieve low latency. A transmitter to plug into the sending device must be connected.

It is a good solution, but Maschine isn’t equipped with that, while it already has a Bluetooth board integrated that has never been used.

Edit: oooops D-One already reported that ☺️

This discussion has been closed.