Traktor X1 MK2 mapping for browsing

dj unsung
dj unsung Member Posts: 10 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased X1 MK2 as my MK1 was not compatible. One of the features I really enjoyed on MK1 is the browsing, selecting and loading tracks with the big knobs. In MK2 you have only the middle knob and the select buttons for browsing and loading tracks. I would like to map the 2 loop knobs for browsing and loading tracks. One for each deck, like it is on MK1. Is there a mapping for this option or do I have to manually do it? I have downloaded a few mappings but I am not even sure how to load them. I do apologise but I am getting old and out of touch with technology so if someone could help me step by step on how to do it it would be much appreciated!

Thank you

Tagged:

Comments

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

@Karlos Santos Any tips on the X1 MK2 you can share here?

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor
    edited March 2022

Hey @dj unsung Yeah this can be done fairly easily with a little additional mapping. This is very basic but it will achieve what you want without getting into modifiers etc.

This will override the current functions of the Loop encoders.

Goto Preferences - Controller Manager (select the X1MK2 mapping).

Click on - Add In - Browser - Select Up/Down (Browser List)

Click on - Learn (turn the Left Loop Encoder and click on Learn again whilst holding the encoder. Don't take you hand off it until you have clicked on Learn again.) You should see the mapping in the screen shot.

You must check Override Factory Settings.

Repeat the above for the Right Encoder.

Now we'll setup the Load Function.

Click on - Add In - Deck Common - Load Selected

Click on - Learn (turn the Press Loop Encoder down and click on Learn again whilst pressing the encoder. Don't take you hand off it until you have clicked on Learn again.) You should see the mapping in the screen shot.

Make sure to make Assignment - Deck A

Repeat the above for Deck B - make sure that Assignment is Deck B.

You must check Override Factory Settings

I'm sure one of the mapping gurus on here will have a more elegant solution so feel free to chime in guys.

Let me know how you get on.

Karlos.

• dj unsung
    dj unsung Member Posts: 10 Member

Thank you very much Carlos for your reply!!

Much appreciated!!

I am not sure if you can help me with another issue I have regarding live streaming.

Sorry Matt I don't have any tips as I am using it only for browsing and loading tracks.

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor

Hey, I've replied to your PM, dude. Like I say, streaming isn't something I do but let's see what we can find out. You've got 2 of the brightest minds in that thread so there's probably not a great deal I can add.

Karlos.

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 227 Pro

It's for this very reason that I've never moved away from the MK1...

• TJoerg
    TJoerg Member Posts: 7 Member

Hi Everyone,

I have a similar problem.

I only want to use some of the factory settings but want to add some more like:

-list consolidate

-load to preparation list

-delete selected from preparation list

-load to preview player

-pause preview player

-cruise mode...

Since controller manager shows an empty device mapping list when x1 mk2 is selected

I'm asking myself if at the end there are only my changes visible in that list, but not the factory presets I kept.

Is there any solution to have a complete list at the end?

Thanks,

Jörg

• TJoerg
    TJoerg Member Posts: 7 Member

@Karlos Santos : what happens with the flashing display when I over-write? How can I tell X1 it can start working?

Is there any list where I can see the "original" routing of the factory settings?

Cheers!