Anyone heard from Paule in awhile?

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 3,009 Expert

50 seems to be great age to one who almost aproaches 60. But everything heavily depend on the health.

As I have had my first baby at the age of 53, I have resposibilities to care for my son till my age of 75 at least. More probably till almost 80. That is real challenge to stay vital till that age....

And I have to care for my software "babies"!! Some of them 30+ years' old and still in use and development. I hope I will be able to do it till my seventies, or better till 75.

People speak about old NI codebase, but it is nothing comparing to age of mine codebase, which is 30+.

• KoaN
    KoaN Member Posts: 120 Advisor

A kid at 53,wow! I like to hear stories like that...people starting a new life in older ages or staying creative until the end.

Society brainwashes us into thinking all happens in youth and beyond that everything fading away slowly...that is not reality at all.I guess the music industry is very stuck on this,all we hear about or see is young and upcoming artists,unless you already made your name younger.

We do see bands becoming a lot less creative with time but probably not so much to do with age but more about lifestyle and repeating the same thing over for decades.

You don't see that as much with writers,painters...i guess because it is less focused on selling your face and images,reputation.

Everybody has a different path also...not everyone blooms at the same age,for some it happens very late.

• Studiowaves
    Studiowaves Member Posts: 630 Advisor

I'm 71 and love Reaktor, my ears are shot but my brain fills in what I can't hear. I guess we an audio cortex or something, but when I play a guitar I've had for 55 years I think the memories fill in the high frequencies. I can barely hear up to 4k anymore without eq and impossible to 8k no matter what volume it is. Yet that guitar sounds the same as it always did. Even the back pickup.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,130 admin

Last activity is still the same - I'll send him an email to see if we can get some news.

• Brett Lavallee
    Brett Lavallee Member Posts: 27 Member

Thanks, Matt

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,316 Expert
    edited October 2023

Looks like he's back! Where have you been, @Paule ?

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,314 Expert

My statement:

I'm out of order after jumping down inside the hospital yard.

The doctors told me about two cases of cancer: lung and kidney, the bladder issn't okay also.

Another hospital can't confirm the first two. But there is somthing wrong with my bladder, so you've computer by yourself. My time is gone. Setting in my wheelchair get cold legs and the feet feel thick and painful. I can't do it on my right leg stand until the inflammation heals. I can't leave the apartment on my own yet and am waiting for a rehabilitation place.

That's the momentary situation. It was entirely my fault for jumping into the yard. Please no expressions of condolence, only best wishes for a speedy recovery are permitted.

• Brett Lavallee
    Brett Lavallee Member Posts: 27 Member

Get well soon Paule!

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,192 mod

And that you have ! : My wishes for a speedy recovery ! 🏍️

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 3,009 Expert

Paule, I keep my fingers crossed for you.

• Studiowaves
    Studiowaves Member Posts: 630 Advisor

Get well my friend, take it easy for a while.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,631 mod

Nice to see you back Paule - get well soon

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,314 Expert
    edited October 2023

Thanks to you all.

Matt's email was answered at end of September.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,316 Expert

From me as well: Get well soon, buddy!

This discussion has been closed.