Has NI abandoned Maschine

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 3,009 Expert

Keyboard is not available, yet. And you do not know, when/if Maschine with dedicated support for mk3 keyboars come. It may be before mk3 availability....

And even if nothing comes, one may use mk3 via KK wraper in Maschine. ;-)

IMHO it is good decision to remove Maschine specific buttons from MK3. Less is often more.

• spock
    spock Member Posts: 25 Helper

To stay optimistic, it will mean fewer bugs to fix!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 251 Newcomer
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 3,009 Expert

OK, but maybe it will change in the next release of Maschine.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,255 mod

Apparently, it will... That's how it's been until now but some of the YouTubers have shown this workaround, so I guess they enabled this possibility, it comes with a bunch of caveats tho, i cant list it as I didn't pay that much attention tbh.

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 304 Guru
    edited September 2023

To be honest - maybe Maschine will not die anytime soon but this coming 1.5 update for Maschine+ feels like last and then support will end somehow. Don't get me wrong, we can still make some music on this devices. I hope I will be wrong. Peace!

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,405 Expert

Waiting for the next Maschine MK4 controller without support for Maschine software, here 😂

Frankly, I would not be surprised if it really happens…

• defyosef
    defyosef Member Posts: 36 Member

I can't see why Maschine would be abandoned. It's one of the flashiest controllers around and a notable gateway drug into NI's ecosystem.

Speaking from experience, when I was shopping for a versatile sampled instruments software bundle and saw that I could get that at a "discount" which included that quirky colorful toy to play around with, it became a no-brainer.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,255 mod

Because there hasn't been any significant update in at least half a decade, i'd argue that it has prob been longer... Just look at the release notes and dates. People tend to expect their software to evolve at a pace similar to their DAW, Id be happy with 25% speed to be honest.

• defyosef

There were clips added as well as auto-sampling IIRC? VST3, Apple updates? Especially the latter would not make sense to do if they were to abandon the software - it's would seem like wasted effort.

Then also wouldn't you be able to make the same point about KK until recently? I think it may be that they are just shuffling focus - it was Maschine oriented for quite some time (together with M+ release) and KK line did not evolve much feature-wise since 2018-ish.

Inferring from what I recall you said yourself in another thread - if Kontakt is indeed a substantial source of income for NI then HW Maschine is, and maybe has always been a "bait" into the ecosystem.

• defyosef
    edited September 2023

@D-One

All this is very underwhelming to me but could very well be groundbreaking new tech from someone else's perspective.

None of these were especially exciting to me either. I would welcome things like preset randomization, tempo/time signature automation, PDC, aftertouch, hardware-side note repeat/arpeggiation, plugin workflow streamlining much more.

If the thread is asking about Maschine being abandoned: I think not for the reasons listed in my previous post, but if on the other hand it's asking if people are disappointed at the slow pace of feature development - I bet they are and I am too.

Though I did find the most use in KKMK2 together with Reaper+ReaKontrol. I like that I can add new KK tracks from the controller, automate, record all within the DAW without even touching a mouse and not having to deal with quirks of Maschine software most of the time.

This discussion has been closed.