Ask me anything: X1 MK3

Comments

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,954 mod

That is correct. You will be able to even plug the Mk2 into the USB HUB on the back of the Mk3.

• daveb124
    daveb124 Member Posts: 95 Helper
    edited September 2023

Would you still recommend that sound bearing usb devices like sound cards eg Z1 get connected directly to laptop usb or is the usb hub on the x1m3, when powered, good enough to carry that kind of traffic? Typically advice has always been use direct connections for this kind of device rather than hubs. And I see no advancement of usb hub technology here, it's still a usb 2 hub, albeit powered, and some usb hub chipsets are still better for carrying sound streams more than others. And the more advanced usb hub chipsets are typically usb 3+ and usbc supporting these day. , But you could have sourced a good modern advanced chipset and just connected an old school usb b connector for physical connection stability .... So which is it ?

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 304 Guru

Can I setup two at once - one with traktor and other with midi mode connected to another app, for example Maschine? :)

• Voyager
    Voyager Member Posts: 16 Member

The X1 mk2 is standard for controlling fx only. In Traktor i created a whole custom mapping that makes the X1 control the mixer (high/mid/low/mute etc) instead of fx. I can switch between these maps easy with one button. From what i gather the mk3 has these two maps built in? So my question is, can i create more alternative maps for the mk3 in traktor?

Having MIDI mode is great to for other software that doesn't directly support NI controllers.

• Brian J.
    Brian J. Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi Micheal,

Sounds great! Thanks for letting me know. I’ve been using the MK2 for almost 10 years and I’m ready to upgrade:)

On a separate note, do you guys plan to overhaul the old Traktor FXs anytime soon? Izotope stuff would be amazing!

• Alex Partyz
    Alex Partyz Member Posts: 26 Member

Will the tractor collective continue the line of modular controllers?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,395 Expert

Have you given a model to your industry partners, so we can expect a decksaver soon after release?

• Stevan

It is really a shame who NI send hardware to. Not a single person came here to help with answering questions.

• Scott Frost
    Scott Frost Member Posts: 61 Helper

Is Traktor DJ for iPad abandoned? It has/had great potential and these would go perfectly with it.

Also will the F1 be updated? Maybe with stems features ?

Also the play/cue buttons don’t seem to be as bright compared to the previous generation, all black with lettering doesn’t seem as bright? Maybe I’m wrong?

• djf!r3
    djf!r3 Member Posts: 29 Member

They should make a new standlone controller

• QWales
    QWales Member Posts: 1 Member

I recently bought the Traktor Kontrol S3 (which I am very pleased with). Is the X1 compatible with the S3 mixer? or would I need some kind of adapter?

• D Jë
    D Jë Member Posts: 2 Member

Can it run Doom

• RockyD
    RockyD Member Posts: 13 Member

Looks great.

Might we see new deck/platter controller(s) soon too?

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 324 Guru

Exactly.

How people like Ean Golden aren't more involved at this stage, really baffles me.

• Stevan

You mention Ean of all people who got the hardware. That's interesting.

You are missing my point or being ironic for some reason known to you.

Either way, I don't really care to expand this discussion further. Who knows, knows.

This discussion has been closed.