Ask me anything: X1 MK3

Comments

• MichaelK_NI
    MichaelK_NI Product Team Posts: 61 mod

Great idea and very much in line with what we are thinking. We want to hear the community and see what the most requested mapping options will be to then add them over time for easier accessibility for everybody. So there is the option to easily add addional pages for the upper section of the unit.

• MichaelK_NI

Yes. It can also be used as generic MIDI controller and you can also make use of the powered USB hub without Traktor running.

• MichaelK_NI

There will be a new stand coming out soon as the new X1 MK3 is a bit bigger than the previous models so stay tuned.

• MichaelK_NI
    edited September 2023

Questions over questions. First of all glad to hear your excitement. Let me get into your questions:

- Dont know if I understand your question correctly but the X1 will be drawing below 500 mA of power in its extreme setups (all LEDs fully on), so you are able to use the X1 MK3 without the power supply, The power supply is only there to power up the USB hub if you want to connect additional devices to it.

- These are rubber buttons with a black coating on them, therefore they should not fade as the ones e.g. from the D2 as the major part of the surface is covered and protected.

- It is actually not glass but different kinds of transparent plastic. So obviously not as hard as glass but e.g. the glossy surface on the MK2 or the display covers on D2 have been of a similar material and have prooven to be pretty durable over time.

- It does have a native onboard MIDI mode. So pressing SHIFT and the top center button switches the whole unit to MIDI.

• dariodelima
    dariodelima Member Posts: 71 Advisor
    edited September 2023

Loving the look if the new Mk3

• dariodelima
    dariodelima Member Posts: 71 Advisor

So happy to see the 4 encoders return. With the 4 encoders is it possible for one encoder to browse tree without the need to hold the shift button the other encoder to browse the playlist songs, this is how I mapped my old x1 as I found it better for my workflow. From what I read on this unit both encoders will only browse playlists and shift will be needed to browse the folder tree.

If so a a way to overlap the current options should be a important priority as that has always been Traktor string point to remap everything to one's own needs.

• MichaelK_NI

Thanks so much. To answer your question. In mixer mode currently the 3 EQ bands with kill switches, Volume and headphone preview are mapped. But we are pretty flexible to improve the mapping over time based on community feedback like this.

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 512 Guru
    edited September 2023

Another question that I had missed when I originally asked it:

• Why not include STEMS integration from the start? That would certainly have been very helpful, in relation to the roadmap, that you could already integrate a good workflow for the controller with the "offline" STEMS, so that you could then continue with the "live" STEMS or only minimally had to be adjusted. I think this would suit the new X1 well if I could use it to control all the main deck controls and switch back and forth between the "original layer" and the "mixer" or "stems" layer. From my point of view, that would bring a huge added value and you could start dealing with it now. From time to time I have prepared STEM tracks in my sets and would be happy if I didn't have to take two controllers with me into the club and install them. Often there is not enough space for it. While I like the F1, when I'm not using remix decks it feels out of place just to be used a few times per gig.

Side note: i think it's a pity anyway that STEMS didn't have any love and care left over the years and now that it's a hot topic, Traktor's pioneering work in this regard is no longer valid.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,539 mod

Display is moddable. So, if after NI's response to user feedback it's still not to your liking, there is a remedy :)

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 304 Guru

Hey, and are there plans for a Traktor standalone? I don't know if I want another controller. :)

• MichaelK_NI

Thanks for your question. Yes there will be a new travel bag/stand for the new X1 MK3 coming soon which will raise it to mixer hight. If you have the X1 MK3 sitting side by side to another piece of hardware you will still get some light shining through the bottom as there is a little step between the top surface and the bottom which will make some room to shine through in between devices.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,954 mod

Are there any images of X1 MK3 sitting next to the S4 MK3?

• MichaelK_NI

No it can not (yet). But we want to further improve the X1 based on exactly this kind of input in future updates.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,395 Expert

If the soft bag that comes with the mk3 is not enough you have to wait, yes. Or make your own.

This discussion has been closed.