What is next for Maschine +, road map?

Comments

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 172 Advisor

"Shut up" and just buy the next exiting, vibrant hiphop Expansion. 😁😉

• wzdm.85
    wzdm.85 Member Posts: 67 Helper

Because they know what else is on the market and that their product, even with it's slight shortcomings, is still top of class.

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 304 Guru

It is unlikely that we will see any response... :(

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 219 Pro

NI did a recent survey right. What should we be thinking if they didn't planned on doing anything.

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 387 Guru

They did that same survey, nearly word-for-word, a couple of months after maschine+ was released.

• DoverBeach
    DoverBeach Member Posts: 48 Helper
    edited June 2023

We are talking about a whole line of products (my comments wasn't only related to M+) that is 10 years behind competitors in every department.

Yours is a subjective statement. (And I love my M+ with all its flaws).

• wzdm.85
    wzdm.85 Member Posts: 67 Helper

Hm, you are posting in a thread directly related to M+.

I can't see how Native Instruments is behind competitors in any department. Pretty much all of their competitors are trying to emulate their ideas and develop for NKS. Maybe they've focused mainly on expansions as of late, but still, no body is doing them better either.

NI is in a state of change, but they are not going anywhere. They are still industry standard and I am sure what ever they do next will be innovative.

These forums full of people whinging about specs and lack of updates are a very small portion of the companies user base. The vast majority of their users are happily producing music and making due with what they have.

• DoverBeach
    edited June 2023

I'm not sure where you live, but complaints can be found everywhere. It's not just limited to this forum, but also prevalent on other gear-related forums, subreddits, YouTube, and even in the comments on their social media posts. I can't think of a single industry-leading company that faces such widespread discontent.

As for the M+, it feels half-baked and underpowered. It becomes unusable in live situations without a computer since it can't handle loading a couple of instances of Massive or Prism. It freezes unexpectedly without any warning. It's a standalone unit, and you can't even assign MIDI CCs without connecting it to a computer, no automations, the step sequencer is super basic.

Plus, it lacks a graphical user interface on its two screens. You're limited to tweak presets you made on a pc on a list of 5/10/15 pages of parameters.

Ofc if one just want to finger drum some pre-made samples it's perfect.

Music can be made with anything and people can happily produce music with a 20 dollars flute... this doesn't change the fact that M+ it's a flop as demonstrated by its reputation.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,629 Expert

@DoverBeach said: "complaints can be found everywhere"

Well of course - because typically on forums like this, social media etc. people post when they have problems. The result is that it looks as if there are nothing but problems and complaints.

What you don't see is the thousands of others who are not posting, because they don't have any problems and are happily going about their business.

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 293 Pro
    edited June 2023

Yes, that’s an argument often made. And, it’s true that users / customers mostly visit a support channel (vendors like to profile them as communities), when they need help or are looking for answers.

The same goes for social media, as from a marketing perspective vendors like(d) to use them to show their active communication with their users / customers.

But, this starting to work against itself if their communication is insufficient and the user group is solely focused on self-help. The supplier mainly jumps in to get knowledge and to bring very little… which than is called 'company policy' or a very narrow definition of ‘roadmap’.

Fix the problems with M+ and it’s shortcomings in the software part of the hardware. With that you could communicate it’s EOL (if that should be the case) or announce it’s successor.

As a company you should be transparent about that. No empty words and letting your customers dangle, because that’s what’s going on here… and that’s the other side of why ’the voice of the users’ is less committed to proactively share there knowledge and positive findings on products.

To communicate: it’s a verb and a two-way street.

• DoverBeach

@PK The DJ I don't want to keep on debating on this, but no. I know what you mean and I took it into consideration. Just compare this forum with elektron, polyend, akai, mutable instrument, squarp, you name it and you'll see communities sharing knowledge for the most part.

Then take a look at social media, and you'll see that the ratio of unhappy users to happy users is unfavorable for Native Instruments when compared to other manufacturers. Arguments against the M+ and the lack of support from NI often pop up in general 3D discussions about grooveboxes where people genuinely debate their choices, without any specific complaints involved.

Anyway, I ain't trying to convince anyone. I respect your thoughts, but I just don't see it that way, because, to me, it's a rather evident and objective issue.

I still like the M+ for what it is but I wouldn't buy another product from NI.

/end ot.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 3,009 Expert

I guess that "problem" of M+ is that people would like it to do more, to to go to its full potential.... It may be frustrating, if one knows/expects HW could "easily" do more....

One should buy HW as is and do not count on that it will be "better" one day in future. It may happen, or not...

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 293 Pro
    edited June 2023

Yes and that’s exactly where a roadmap comes in. Especially in times where hardware leans more and more on the software and reducing TTM is a KPI for many vendors.

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 219 Pro
    edited June 2023

How about opening up the code as open source. This is what happened to Synthstrom Audible for their Deluge when the development had slowed over time and reached an impasse.

This discussion has been closed.