AI in Battery?

Rico010
Rico010 Member Posts: 121 Advisor
edited October 22 in Battery 4

Could we add AI to battery, to generate potential mixing/fx ideas based on a desired style and sounds used?

Comments

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,314 Expert

Which AI works with NI instrument? Idon't know.

• Rico010

NI seems not to use AI at all now. But the logo change, and integration with iZotope could be an indicator of future development.

I am just curious what is the figure of Battery. Do you (community) think AI could be a good addition for this specific tool?

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,314 Expert

No, I want to control my builded Reaktor monsters by myself or with random moduls. But in the past time I use a lot of Lazy buttons for temporary sounds. It isn't AI but more variarity.

So keep your AI - not for me. BTW I don't own Battery but build pandoro percussions.

https://www.native-instruments.com/de/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/10099/

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 3,009 Expert

NI seems not to use AI at all now.

NI uses AI for devices modelling in Guitar Rig for several years.....

AI could be used for melody generation, rhytm generation, various filters and many other things....

Maybe, I will try one day. I used to use rather simple neural networks three decades ago. It was for temperature forecasting and for estimation of cloud cover from hourly temperatures. The latter worked quite fine.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,416 Expert

AI, AI, AI….

I’m guessing how humanity survived till today… It seems everything needs AI nowadays…

You know why you love so much the music you loved till now? Because it has been made by human artists…who made it with a lot of commitment in learning things and tools to produce it. And being them human being, everyone learnt them and understood them in their own way. Therefore creating something different from anything someone else could do.

This and a sparkle of human genius, intuition and inspiration

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,777 mod
    edited June 2023

About AI (and a bit off topic):

Judging by the rather damaging medium-term results of the naive & ahistorical approach of the American acid zealots of the 60's Leary & Kesey against the wise warnings of Hofmann, Osmond & Huxley about the proper management of such a serious matter as the effects of LSD on the individual psychology as well as social dynamics, we have every reason to be extremely skeptical of the naive & ahistorical approach of today's AI zealots against the warnings of Hawking, Hinton, Bengio and many others.

In brief: Yes to the use of AI for many things, but, keep it OUT of music (and Art in general)!

• Kubrak

I know.... But you know, people ask for probability, for example. AI could be used to humanize MIDI scores...

Neural nerwork is just nonlinear projection from one N-dimenzional "world" to another m-dimensional, where the projection is extracted from training data.

You could train it on certain composer scores and generate something in his style as a starting point. Is that that different from just playing and waiting what comes? I see also the "dark" side of it... Many people will not use it as starting point of their creative process and end up with AI raw thing....

The same has happened with photography. When it has happened easily available there are bilions real bad photographs everywhere....

• Rico010

agree with all of you guys. My question was rather about quick experimenting. I think AI in Native Instruments can give good starting point, as an assistant rather than a final result. Anyway, final result depends on what you call a final result. And people will use AI to their liking you want it or not. And will be everywhere anyway. So, why not benefit it, under your own rules?

anyway, thank you everybody! I assume there no plans for AI at NI at this moment. Hope to see some nee updates coming soon, whatever it be :)

• Kubrak

NI already uses AI in GR6 and I guess it will be used in Traktor for STEM separation. Those two are good start to use AI.

This discussion has been closed.