Is there a way to get Reaktor to output a value into Maschine UI?

tetsuneko
tetsuneko Member Posts: 586 Guru
edited April 2023 in Building With Reaktor

I am trying to make a Compressor Gain Reduction level readout show up in Maschine UI. I was thinking that easiest way to do this obviously would be to just make a knob, map Maschine UI to it, and then to be able to send a number value to set the knobs' value.. however this doesn't seem to be possible! AFAIK, none of the readout modules in Reaktor have a "Connect" tab, which means they cannot be mapped onto Maschine UI in any capacity..

Is there a workaround? If not, I'm thinking of making a feature request out of this one.. Would be very, very useful to be able to send some sort of numerical readouts to Maschine/M+

thanks

EDIT: I am an idiot! I forgot the ever so useful "Internal Connections" panel.. sending to a knob is trivial with this, I'll test this in Maschine ASAP!!

Comments

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 586 Guru
    edited April 2023

Well, it works.. kind of. I can get the Maschine UI to update it's parameter views for like 1 second, but after that second, values stop updating again? This is sort of odd, since manual twisting of a knob which has a send/receive link with a Maschine UI mapped knob updates perfectly and keeps updating always when you move the knob.. Maschine UI prioritizes manually tweaked parameters somehow?!

• bolabo
    bolabo Member Posts: 97 Advisor
    edited May 2023

There’s a block in the just released (free) ‘tangle pack lite’ pack called ‘Knob LEDs’

This might do what you need for displaying a level meter on the Maschine display (feel free to modify / use how you need) -->

• Knob LEDs - Use the knobs on the Maschine to simulate a bank of LEDs using the knob's labels. Use this block with the Maschine hardware and the 'Drum Pad' block for visual feedback, by learning the Maschine's knobs to the block's ports. The labels display:
    • 0 = OFF
    • >0 = I to IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
    • <0 = PULSING
  • Quietschboy
    Quietschboy Member Posts: 45 Helper

tetsuneko:

"This is sort of odd, since manual twisting of a knob which has a send/receive link with a Maschine UI mapped knob updates perfectly and keeps updating always when you move the knob.. Maschine UI prioritizes manually tweaked parameters somehow?!"

It could be that this is a problem in the REaktor structure not updating the Knob connected to Maschine. ?