Under All Groups I do not see anything about EXT. Instruments

jackasspenguin
jackasspenguin Member Posts: 14 Member

I'm trying to connects an external synth my Roland jx3p to the maschine so I can control all the midi cc parameters. I'm just curious as to why my browser doesn't contain the same information as what I've been seeing. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks

Best Answer

• Facedogg
    Facedogg Member Posts: 11 Member
    Answer ✓

You have the Maschine Factory Selection, which is not the full Maschine library but more akin to Komplete Select as compared to Komplete.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

Do you have the Maschine 2 factory library? I don’t recall seeing these too, and I surely have Maschine full version.

I start thinking these supplemental “Types” (Loops, MIDI ext., Multi FX, Drums ext.) are just for the people who bought Maschine 2 Factory Library separated (which wouldn’t be fair).

But now I’m at work, so I can’t check if I really don’t see them too or if I never noticed. I’ll check later

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

It says right in the screenshot that this requires the Machine factory library!

But do yourself a favour and get it! It's actually the beste expansion of all the expansions out there. Massive. Vast. Useful. Fun.

• jackasspenguin

Indeed I do. I've had Komplete since like 2011 or so with Komplete 9 ultimate. And upgraded since then.

When I open Native Access I install everything on that machine. I have plenty of storage on my drive so I keep it loaded and up to date. That's not the case with my laptop. But it still at least has the Maschine factory library and all the Maschine expansions. Puzzling.

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

The Maschine factory libraries (1 and 2) are included in Maschine 2 software full version bundled with all Maschine hardware versions except Mikro. No need to buy it separately.

What we are discussing here is why we don’t see those supplemental types, and I fear they could have done something unfair like putting them only in the separate purchase, after telling that Maschine full version contains it

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

Wait… Maschine software doesn’t come within Komplete (any version of it).

If you have it is because you bought a Maschine hardware. And if your hardware is the Mikro, it doesn’t bundle the Factory full library, just the Factory selection.

Which model of Maschine do you own? Or you bought the software without the hardware?

• jackasspenguin

I've had komplete for years now. I can't imagine I don't have the factory selection installed. I have almost everything installed.

• Facedogg
    Facedogg Member Posts: 11 Member
    Answer ✓

You have the Maschine Factory Selection, which is not the full Maschine library but more akin to Komplete Select as compared to Komplete.

• jackasspenguin

Oh I see. I had no idea. I purchased the Machine Micro....so I guess it doesn't come with the Full installation. However, I bought the MK3 second hand. I'll see what it takes to get the full installation.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

I posted what I wrote, because I came from the same place. Bought the Mikro. It did not bundle the Maschine Factory library. Komplete is a separate product.

Now that that is cleared I would like to recommend again: get it. After I replied I was thinking about the factory library again and it might be a tiny bit exxagerated, but if you have that one you don't actually need any other expansion. Need 808s? DubFx? Hard hitting old school boombap? Wobbly synths? Vocals? Ethnic instruments? It's all in there. Amazing.

• jackasspenguin

Super! Thanks for sharing. I'll certainly get it here in the near future. 99 bucks isn't bad. I'm a little thin right now and just got my property tax estimate.....wow! :) Cheers mate!